Married at first sight

anyone else been watching this on ch4?

4 couples have signed up to marry a complete stranger based on “science” and a token religious guy matching them, they then have to go on honeymoon and live together for a month before deciding whether or not to stay together

think this is the second series, in the first series they only got 1 couple who’d do it, turns out the guy was caught shagging other girls on tinder within the first two weeks

1 Like

Nah, there were two couples on season 1. One made a good go of it. Dude looked a bit like El-P.

was there? i only remember the guy who was caught doing the dirty

I’ve never heard of it, but it sounds like it makes a complete mockery of the glorious institution of marriage, and I shan’t be watching any of it.

4 Likes

it certainly does but there’s something gloriously entertaining about seeing someone clap eyes on their future spouse seconds before they’re married and them realising they’ve been matched with an absolute rotter

Yer man who got completely rat-arsed at the vineyard.

1 Like

when his mrs uttered the immortal “i think we’re both done with wine now” line…

Married at First Shitr

1 Like

Bollocks

4 Likes

fucked it

2 Likes

Ha and he had that proper blokey reaction of ‘how can you moan and complain, look at how beautiful everything is round here’. It’d probably be a bit more beautiful if you didn’t sink 4 bottles of red pal.

2 Likes

The spin-off app needs some work

he was always going to be a complete breast though, can’t believe he made her go and watch an england game on like the second night of their honeymoon too!

totally basic stuff

1 Like

Loved it when he started chatting to that old bloke too. Proper head in hands stuff.

1 Like

slapping her on the back when they scored :joy:

1 Like

Ashamed to say I am watching this series. And enjoying it.

oh is it back on?

I do find this show quite interesting

Yeah, and is a weirdly decent watch. One half of one couple seems genuinely angry about what she perceives as such a terrible piece of matchmaking and the scientists keep having to explain what they were thinking. Is brutal.

The other, amazingly, have a chance.

2 Likes

I quite like this show but some of the previous series have done my head in when partnering people who live in different parts of the country. IIRC one couple from the last series was trying to make a marriage work when he was in Southampton and she was in London. Another couple were split between London and Milton Keynes I think?

getting on this tonight

That property developer (?) guy who was matched with a police from last year was such a prick