Martha are the best

Some UK dates onsale now btw

TUE 16 APRIL The Garage London
FRI 26 APRIL Exchange Bristol
SAT 27 APRIL West Hill Hall Brighton
SUN 28 APRIL Hare & Hounds Birmingham
FRI 3 MAY Mono Glasgow

2 Likes

Don’t think the new song is as good as heart is healing, but it’s catchy as fuck. Looking forward to the album!

1 Like

New album’s a banger, eh? Sooo good!!!

4 Likes

Lovely, lovely stuff from a GBOL

The songs where Naomi leads are always the best, but good stuff all around.

2 Likes

Haven’t been able to pick this up yet, definitely will do at some point… anyone know who’s produced it?

Fucking best band

3 Likes

Underrated post

not sure if this is a joke so apologies if not but it’s MJ, hence why there’s no credit on there. They considered abandoning the record which had just about finished when that stuff came out. Thankfully, they didn’t!

Played with Martha over the weekend at Manchester Punk Festival (was also at their London show last week), they’re just the fucking best, aren’t they? Had their songs stuck in my head all week. Btw after this weekend it now goes “IT’S THE BUCKIE IN MY BLOODSTREAM YEAH”

Don’t think there’s as many memorable songs on this record as the first one

idk, heart is healing, into this, wrestlemania VIII, love keeps kicking, orange juice, the void all take turns being lodged in me head

I think it sounds a bit flat compared to the first two? But the songs rip it live, so.

LOVE KEEPS KICKING THE SHIT OUTTA MEEE

2 Likes

really? I reckon the production on the latest is quite a step up from the other two (if that’s what you meant?)

Wasn’t a joke, genuinely didn’t know. Glad they didn’t abandon it. Production sounds quite bad to me compared to the first two records. I’ll give it a bit more time but it definitely hasn’t grabbed me like the last one did.

1 Like

Really enjoying it. Another bunch of superb catchy little numbers. Love these guys :smiley:

1 Like

Ah bloody love Martha. Can absolutely attest that they’re a super GBOL.

They were great a few weeks ago at the Star and Shadow, hopefully get to The Riverside gig for Halloween.

Wrestlemania has been stuck in my head since it came out, they are so good.

putting on that Oxford show :metal:

1 Like