Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

Always enjoyed that Cap is supposedly a Christian in the comics. Mates with Thor, battled aliens from all over this universe and others, met demons, fucking died and came back to life; still a Christian. It rarely gets brought up, but it’s canon.

5 Likes

Yup - this is what I was trying to convey. This version has to fit in with the MCU (and I can understand why they didn’t want to re-tell Spidey’s origin) so while it’s enjoyable for what we are delivered, claiming it to be the ‘closest ever onscreen version’ of the original character doesn’t ring true for me.

Big part of Daredevil’s character too. Although not really as relevant in the TV series because they kind of pretend the big cosmic stuff isn’t happening in the Netflix corner of the universe.

Makes sense though, someone must have created the Asgardians after all

1 Like
12 Likes

Found the action and effects in Far From Home really lightweight. I remember thinking the same for Homecoming. Something really intangible about Spider-Man in them.

The action in Marvel films is generally not very good

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/IGN/status/1151258468872888321

10 Likes

Good response too

https://twitter.com/dbs_best/status/1151264231360213003?s=21

Meh, the eyes being expressive - can live with or without that myself ,never really bothered me.

I fail to see any ‘bants’ with the AI that measures up to the quips and inner thoughts of old though. One time I did smile was when Spidey said “Going up!” as he was trying to get inside the final hologram - that isn’t even that amusing, but it reminded me of how Spider-Man could be.

1 Like

What films are we wanting them to announce then?

Inckude real ones or whatever.

I want Doctor Strange 2 but like bug it out to the max. And maybe a West Coast Avengers movie.

Also, I’d take a Captain Britain film about Brexit with Tom Hardy as Brian Braddock. In the film he struggles tk get an erection and blames his neighbours.

1 Like

Thunderbolts would be very cool, but maybe works better as a TV show.

Young Avengers is my number one must have. They’ve already got Cassie Lang and she should be the right age post-endgame… And oooh look the Avengers have been decimated which gives them a reason to team up. Would have the original lineup be Cassie, Billy, Teddy, Kate and America (:black_heart::purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart:). Leave Patriot for a sequel, and maybe switch Iron Lad for Riri Williams, who gets her own film first.

I want Ms Marvel damn it!

2 Likes

There’s been mention of that.

Wonder how they’ll do it though, given Inhumans aren’t a thing (Agents of SHIELD and the TV show don’t exist)

Kamala Khan definitely my top pick and I’ll take Young Avengers for all the :rainbow: representation please

3 Likes

both of these pls

1 Like

Kate Bishop is gonna be in the Hawkeye TV show, so that’s another one around.

Should’ve brought Loki back like in the YA series, just de-aged Tom H to look like a teenager. Would’ve looked hella creepy but still better than the alternative timelines crap :wink:

I want…
Jack Russell, Werewolf by Night
Squirrel Girl to be promoted to MCU
Moon Knight
Jack of Hearts (for his fantastic costume)
Nova

They love to mumble in the Netflix shows don’t they

GF needed subtitles for The OA.

I was grateful of them too tbh.

1 Like