Marvel Films Thread (No Far from Home spoilers)

My favourite thing about FFH was the realistic depiction of how terrifying it would be to hold onto Spiderman while he’s swinging around.

4 Likes

I got big big love for them doing Mysterio’s costume and illusions justice on screen btw, I really thought I’d never see the day :kissing_smiling_eyes::ok_hand:

1 Like

MCU Spider-Man films don’t really feel like the Peter Parker I loved from the comics. First two Raimi’s still easily the best for me (Spiderverse different beast entirely).

One of the main things about him is the secret identity and that doesnt feel like it plays a part in the MCU at all.

I liked the remark about how they’re studying Thor in their science classes. Wonder how the Abrahamic religions are holding up in a world where a literal ancient Norse god has come to life.

1 Like

There’s an easter egg in the first one about that as well :smiley:

1 Like

Heh class!

Always enjoyed that Cap is supposedly a Christian in the comics. Mates with Thor, battled aliens from all over this universe and others, met demons, fucking died and came back to life; still a Christian. It rarely gets brought up, but it’s canon.

Yup - this is what I was trying to convey. This version has to fit in with the MCU (and I can understand why they didn’t want to re-tell Spidey’s origin) so while it’s enjoyable for what we are delivered, claiming it to be the ‘closest ever onscreen version’ of the original character doesn’t ring true for me.

Big part of Daredevil’s character too. Although not really as relevant in the TV series because they kind of pretend the big cosmic stuff isn’t happening in the Netflix corner of the universe.