Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

Honestly I skipped most of the Cap stuff because it’s a bit whatever, think the only thing I’m really missing for context is Civil War but there’s a one line summary of it in Infinity War/End Game that caught me up more or less well enough.

I’m also skipping Tom Holland as Spiderman because Miles Morales is MY Spiderman, and Black Widow because I’m going to assume it’s Scarlett Johansson’s Bum: The Movie, and I’ve already seen that one when it was called Ghost In The Shell

1 Like

Civil War is probably the most screen time that Wanda got or it felt lthat way to me.

Personally The Winter Soldier is one of my fave MCU films. That serious stuff is my jam. Although that said I found Civil War very average.

1 Like

Black Widow is completely outside any continuity really and just sets up some characters for Hawkeye TV and the Cap Am TV series.

1 Like

Absolutely not

This is the real genius of the MCU for me, you don’t really need to actually watch a lot of it, they give you enough context to enjoy the various thing without it seeming like "previously on the MCU

Think I’d only seen about half the films leading up to Infinity War beforehand, but it made perfect sense

2 Likes

It’s actually one of the best of the tv shows.

6 Likes

It also has Florence Pugh and her incredible accent

What’s his haircut like? Because that’s a deal-breaker for me

1 Like

It’s kind of like if Killing Eve S1 and Turner & Hooch had a love child that was PG rated.

1 Like

Yeah, probably my favourite. One of the best things in the MCU.

4 Likes

The Danny Pudi appearance alone makes it one of the best MCU films

3 Likes

Love how Russo’s always got some Community alum in their films

2 Likes

What in the Kentucky Fried Horseshit is this pish

2 Likes

Sam Raimi does Marvel. Great fun

6 Likes

Fucking loved it.

4 Likes

It was fucking dogshit.

1 Like

It’s barely coherent nonsense, one of my top 5 marvel adaptations easily.

Hope Raimi comes back for Strange 3, though if he’d rather do something else even better.

2 Likes

You what?

1 Like

I like nonsense.

1 Like

I guess that explains my confusion!

(I thought that was probably it but reckoned a missed word might change everything)

1 Like