Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for Wakanda Forever please)

Thinking about which cinema (and day) to see Endgame and the Vue in Stratford, London has 50 screenings a day over the opening weekend.

Yeah was looking up times in the Cineworld in Glasgow and on the Friday evening it’s on every 20 minutes

The 6.30am Thursday showing means I can come into work by 10.30 and just say I was at the doctors. Tempted.

4 Likes

“The doctors?”
“Yes… Dr… Banner.”

4 Likes

Would be super tempted if there was one of these. Core hours are 10am onwards and the office is pretty much next door to Cineworld.

I booked a 2pm screening on Friday afternoon, with the intention of taking it as TOIL for some very long and far away site visits I was meant to be doing on Monday / Tuesday of the following week. Which have now been postponed. Whoops!

1 Like
5 Likes

Really brings home how this is the end of an era

1 Like

Nice although, given Nebula and Rocket are there, it feels a bit small fry to talk about protecting/avenging the Earth when Thanos thwacked the entire universe, no?

Having now seen Captain Marvel and Ant-Man 2 I have updated my ranking image

2 Likes

Yeah with the exception of Silvestri’s Avengers theme thing which is almost just a quick motif, Marvel have really fucked up with this.

I actually lay the blame firmly at them putting the credits at the end (possibly the video says this). The credits are often really cool too. I’d probably say all the movies would be better with all the credits moved to the start and then I’d put a short black screen before each of those ‘mid-credits’ teasers.

Paul Rudd does a great Paul Rudd at the end of this :smile:

Fully agree with this, pending the following amends:

• Swap Thor:Raggers with Black Panther
  • Swap Spider-Man Homecoming with Ant-Man & The Wasp
  • Swap Ant-Man and Captain America: TFA
  • Move Civil War to pure middle
  • Swap Iron Man 3 with GoTG 2
1 Like

Started doing Kung fu haven’t I, at one point I made the trainer stumble and he jokingly went “ooh we got a superhero in training here!” :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Mate just write your own frickin diagram : D

2 Likes

Right, The Avengers theme is the most memorable, but I try to recall it myself randomly (like right now) I can’t for the life of me. I’m sure the lack of credits hurts, that’s a good point. Some of the most memorable themes happen during the opening credits where there’s plenty of space to focus on them.

Star Wars is the most obvious example, but I can even remember some of the opening of The Shining, which is just kind of an ominous trombone bit. Hell, I don’t think I’ve seen an episode of the old X-Men cartoon for 15 years but I can recall that one instantly (though TV benefits from the repetition).

In the NEW Spiderman far from home there is an orchestra version of the old animation spiderman theme song. Pretty good.

Stolen mind. SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME - Official Teaser Trailer - YouTube

1 Like

Yeah! I think that’s smart. It’s kind of cheesy and fun but they make it more grand and suits what Marvel’s been doing.

1 Like

I like the music in Winter Soldier whenever the Winter Soldier shows up. They should do more like that.

1 Like