Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

yeah the scaffolding hits him

Yeah, this is pretty interesting.

“You’re not Peter Parker” is a great line.

On top of the above leak on the punch (I don’t agree with marckee that it’s a dust punch, the perspective it all wrong) there is a screen grab in the trailer that looks like an arm has been left in.

And even more convincingly, the leaked footage of Andrew Garfield in costume on a blue screen scaffolding set relaly ties up with what looks like the finale here is.

There’s also screenshots of the three of the Spiderlads standing in the darkness on scaffolding that looks too difficult to fake, alongwith Matt Murdoch sitting at a chair with Aunt May, and more interestingly, it looks like Garfield’s arm catching MJ in this film.

EITHERWAY

Sony don’t need to have them in the trailer; those that care about the trailer breakdowns already know they are in it, and those that don’t care are going to be fucking blown away in a month’s time when they are in it.

2 Likes

Well, this looks incredible.

Sounds like Dr Strange is saying Spidermen rather than man?

1 Like
5 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Hawkeye: The Television Series

absolutely loved episode 1. bro! pizza dog! the fight scenes were really impressive, felt new and exciting. good sense of humour. reminds me most of the Netflix Marvel stuff so far.

3 Likes

Bro

First two episodes were a lot of fun, looking forward to seeing where they go from here.

That’s practically word for word that I was thinking. I did get a bit of a PG13 daredevil vibe from it.

1 Like

They’ve created a Daily Bugle TikTok site:

https://www.tiktok.com/@thedailybugleofficial

I know that won’t embed so here are some Tweets with two of the three videos

2 Likes

I’m getting mildly annoyed with hawkeye and same with shang chi that they don’t acknowledge the blip enough. I know we already know what happened with hawkeye and his family but what about Kate and hers, and with shang chi i think it was mentioned at one point but no ones mentioned as disappearing. Even spiderman it was just a joke that one lad was older.

I know it can’t be the focus of every film or series but you’d think it’d come up every now and again

2 Likes

In shang chi there was a few background references to dating apps for Blipped folk. Pretty neat.

But I agree that it is such a huge thing I expect it to be retconned in a future movie

1 Like

That is mint - for me, it’s like meditation music.

12 Likes

I did do a bit of calculating and it would seem like Kate and her mum weren’t blipped, going off them not talking about it means they both had the same experience and her apparent age in the intro vs 22 ‘now’.

WandaVision really referenced it and TFATWS was oblique, similarly Spider-Man FFH referenced it (as a joke like you say) while basically nothing with Shang-Chi.

Eternals I’ve not seen but I’m figuring it’ll just be less and less referenced, so not actually retconed but ignored. The Pandemic has helped them a bit here as the five years are up in 2023 so there’s more parity with our calendar year and theirs.

The thing with hawkeye is the Ronin stuff is a major plot point which all happened during the blip and it feels like everyone significant in the gangs etc weren’t blipped either, just all of hawkeyes family tough luck for him

No I don’t think that’s right, the point of Ronin is that some gang members weren’t snapped and he obviously felt the unfairness of that and set about killing all the remaining ones.

The flipside is when everyone got brought back that included all the gang members who had been snapped out and are then up for vengeance

6 Likes

Webs are spinning out like endless rain into a paper cup…

1 Like