Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

ngl, I am all in on this

1 Like

Where the fuck has she been all this time then?

The poster is ossum, too

2 Likes

This looks absolutely cracking.

As I recall, Marvel Studios share the Skrulls with Fox (Skrull-Kree Wars with The Avengers caught in the middle) or owns it outright. Fox has Super-Skrull, though.

Itā€™s all very confusing. Ego is a Thor baddie,but ended up with Fantastic Four & Fox because of John Byrneā€™s 60 issue run. Thereā€™s a great story where Thing is inside Egoā€™s brain with a bomb, That scene was recreated with Groot in the GOTG2 after Marvel and Fox did some swapping of rights.

Why do I know this?

3 Likes

really liked guardians of the galaxy. a joy.

Thor!
A-aaah!!!
Saviour of the Universe!

In space I presume.

I kind of wish theyā€™d kept the Sutur reveal until the actual film, other than that itā€™s a nice trailer.

Kind of wish I hadnā€™t watched that because it was so ruddy, bloody excellent.
Really need to manage my expectations before the film starts.

Iā€™ve stopped watching trailers for films I know Iā€™ll see, they spoil too much nowadays.

1 Like

Yeah the last 3 genre films I watched were Spider-Man, Wonder Woman and Logan; didnā€™t watch the trailers for any of them, went in with 0 hype and enjoyed them all loads. Hyping yourself for a film is setting yourself up to be disappointed I reckon.

1 Like

I usually resist but there was all pretty colours and stuff.

2 Likes
3 Likes

ā€œIā€™m relentless, Iā€™m like the Terminator. Youā€™re more like Sarah Connor, and in the first movie too, before she could do chinups.ā€

2 Likes

Yeah, second series of Daredevil with the Punisher was excellent.

Didnā€™t like any of the others though.

Between this and Ricky Baker in Deadpool 2 can we get Sam Neill in Captain Marvel or something

On the one hand, I agree, the trailers have been so good theyā€™ve definitely raised expectations too high. On the other hand, being able to watch the Thor trailer roughly once a week has been great for my depression because it will cheer you up no matter what.

God I love Taika Waititi.

3 Likes

I watched (some of) Green Lantern last week (because it was free and my little boy wanted to watch it) (it was shit) and heā€™s actually in that.

Hah! How peculiar. I donā€™t imagine for a second its worth watching just for him but interesting to know.

Iā€™m excited that weā€™re getting two Things We Do in the Shadows spin-offs; We Are Wolves and Paranormal Investigations Unit. He should just rack up projects to give me something to find basically reassuring for the future.