Marvel Films Thread

Won’t see this for a little but looking forward to it a lot

1 Like

cleaning the dust off his Captain America attire

It’s not even been 2 years FFS.

2 Likes

Ah…

2 Likes

Paul Bettany’s charm is doing a lot of heavy lifting in the first two episodes of WandaVision. Really quite tedious going otherwise, literally just two episodes of an old unfunny sitcom.

2 Likes

They’re actually hiring everyone’s favourite ginger DJ Chris Evans to join the MCU.

1 Like

Was wondering when this was starting as all the ads and posters I saw said ‘Streaming Soon’. Not really interested tbh.

Is it 30 mins or an hour?

They are about 20 minutes long followed by masses of credits

Cheers, will give it a whirl then, struggle with hour long stuff these days!

Really like Wandavision so far. The old sitcom elements are very satisfyingly well observed. And I’m a sucker for Things Not Appearing What They Seem.

1 Like

Yeah really enjoyed it. Pitch perfect recreation of Bewitched / I Dream of Jeanie (anyone else use to watch them on Channel 4 back in the day?) with just a hint of weirdness. I admire how much they committed to the bit, and the cast is excellent. Arguably the most interesting thing Marvel Studios have ever done?

Really does have a lot of credits though, what’s that about.

1 Like

Watched these shitloads as a kid, my parents loved them. Can’t wait to watch WandaVision once my housemates finally go to bed, they said they wanted to watch it but have seen a grand total of 2 Marvel films so I point blank refused to watch it with them ha.

Standard Disney+.

1 Like

Errr is this going to be the best programme ever

2 Likes

God episode 1 of WandaVision was tedious.

Oooh, mystery, wow… Really hoping a new crop of writers show up soon for film and TV who know that a mystery isn’t a substitute for actually writing something. A note-perfect recreation of a tired old sitcom even with satire is still mostly a tired old sitcom.

I’ll wait for it all to be online I think and hopefully it’ll work better as a binge thing. Can’t be fucked with drip-feed bollocks.

3 Likes

We watched the first two episodes of Wandavision. I loved it. Note perfect, teasing out the mystery/reveal, with lots of detail and depth in there. It would have been so easy to play it safe with this kind of thing, but it’s gloriously weird.

Also, I just did a quick twitter search, and I’m pleased to see that I wasn’t the only one who thought that Paul Bettany was channelling Rik Mayall during the magic set segment.

4 Likes

^ this. And channeling Blackadder-era Hugh Laurie the rest of the time…

1 Like

seemed like something that should be a 5 minute webseries

5 Likes