Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

the guys on the Big Picture pod are saying they’re going to do a 4 hour long podcast commentary, I really really hope they aren’t joking, i would genuinely watch it twice for that

2 Likes

Still pretending Black Widow is coming out in May, I see

1 Like

They should just release it in May anyway, pointless at this point to keep chasing after pre-2020 box office unless you really want to sit on everything until next year

2 Likes

Reckon they’ll just kick everything back one and it’ll come out in the July slot.

They’re never going to lose money on a Marvel, even if this nominally “tanks” like Tenet or WW84.

But then there are films out next year that haven’t even started filming yet, which is ambitious even for Marvel, and it’ll give them all more time.

Latest wandavision

Loved the malcolm in the middle vibes

4 Likes

Really liked how naff their version of the intro song were

Theory time

So Wanda stole Vision’s corpse to stop evil SWORD director from experimenting on him and creating weapons. Then Agnes/‘Pietro’ manipulated her to create the hex space over West View to create magic children?

creating mutants sounds like a good theory wonder if Professor X will turn up at the end? Also who is the quicksilver looking child dressed as? Was annoying me all the way through

Gonna mention stuff from the comics. I’ll leave a big gap so you can ignore what I’m saying if you don’t want to be informed by that stuff.

Monica Rambeau has powers in the comics but isn’t a mutant, felt like the scan stuff hinted at this.
The X-Men are interesting because they started as an analogy for civil rights (Prof X and Magneto were Stan Lee’s version of MLK and Malcolm X) and then later for LGTB rights. I feel it’d lose a bit of that power if they were no long the ‘evolution of human kind’ but people affected by an incident. Be fun if Patrick Stewart or McAvoy turn up though.

Also in comics - Wanda’s has kids who become adult superheroes, Wiccan and Speed, whose power are like hers and Pietros, the costumes they wear on halloween are similar. Originally this happened because Marvels ‘Devil character’ tricked her into having children so I’m expecting someone on the show to do this. Both characters join a superhero team at some point with Antmans daughter and other characters it looks like the Marvel TV shows will introduce.

1 Like

Was there any significance to the road sign being Elliott Ave?

Ellis avenue wasn’t it?

You’re right - that was an autocomplete error.

Was there any significance to the road sign being Ellis Ave?

There may be some wider context but I thought it was just a call back to her telling the kids not to venture out there knowing, as she does, that that’s where the Hex is?

2 Likes

Maybe because Warren Ellis is a badun and the kids should advised to avoid anything Ellis?

1 Like

Which one of you works for Indie wire?

Weird criticism. Could not imagine this as a film at all.

4 Likes

Whatever one thinks of Wandavision, Indiewire is clickbait garbage

3 Likes

Put episodes 1-3 into 20 minutes. Reduce episode 4 to 10 minutes and you still 2 hours to play with for starters.

It’s not the length (:eyes:), it’s the fact it’s deliberately episodic so it can play with the format and tropes of TV sitcoms. Just wouldn’t work as a film. You’d miss all the great opening credit sequences for one thing!

6 Likes

Feels more like the world’s most expensive web series than a film

2 Likes

Didn’t realise Kathleen Hanna sang this week’s theme