Marvel Films Thread

The best comic book hero movie to ever come from a Disney owned studio (pre Marvel buyout) is The Rocketeer.

He’s not a Marvel comic character but there’d be zero continuity issues with him existing in the MCU.

An animated movie where The Rocketeer and Captain America team up to smash some nazis in WW2 would be brilliant imo.
Get Joe Johnston to oversee considering he’s helmed both beore.

2 Likes

I’ve seen the Rocketeer and it’s…okay, I suppose.

I mean full marks for not going full-hot-take and citing Howard the Duck :smiley:

1 Like

The Rocketeer is great.
Especially considering when it was made tbh.

Also always thought one of the downsides of having to get Cap to the present ASAP to be in Avengers meant his entire WW2 career was skimmed over in one movie. A series where they cover a few of his adventures would be great imo particularly if there’s a Retcon coming (as wolverine etc fought in WW2).
And I just think it’d be really cool to see Cap and Rocketeer beat some fascists up.

I would imagine if Evans was prepared to sign on for a TV series then they’d do that stuff. I do agree that it’s a shame we don’t get more time with that crew though.

The First Avenger is probably the Phase 1 MCU film in most need of an SFX tidy up too. They should do that for it. Isn’t this the 10 anniversary year of it?

I think Evans is already back for the What If? animated series so maybe. Voice work for animated stuff would be easy for him but maybe he’s just fed up, dunno.
It’d just be a nice thing Yknow. No huge stakes, no big tie ins to the movies just Cap and a few of the lesser known WW2 era heroes bashing nazis.
10 years already? Bloody hell.

I thought he was just not interested in continuing it playing the role but then actors definitely return to stuff they swore off.

1 Like

nature is heaing

1 Like

One of those four is Spider-Man so it’s not ‘pure’ MCU.

They did Black Panther → Infinity War → AM&TW from Feb to July 2018 so I guess this sort of scheduling isn’t unusual for them but I definitely expected at least one of these to be pushed back to 2022.

I wonder if Shang-Chi and Eternals both setup stuff for Spider-Man and Sony won’t budge on a 2021 release.

Edit probably more a reply to @kiyonemakibi, sorry.

Yeah an Invaders film (Cap, original Human Torch and Namor fighting Nazis) or a Cap and Wolverine WW2 film would be great. Could use some of this X-Men story:

2 Likes

Tom Holland Spider-Man is still MCU (for now at least) like Homecoming and Far From Home. It’s not like non MCU canon stuff like Venom. Of course w’;ll have to see what all this multiverse stuff means for continuity.

It’s MCU but it’s controlled by Sony so in terms of releases it won’t necessarily mean it can be pushed back as easily

1 Like

This meme is accurate to me as I would be Homer saying “more” at the end of this scene :grin:

1 Like

TBF you’re getting it because they’ve got 5 laid out for 2022

2 Likes

Just seen in the replies that they even do a hotel room and a gun in green screen

2 Likes

A good and funny tweet

8 Likes

What

I remember a few years back (actually probably closer to 10 years :grimacing: ) when it was pointed out that MCU films (and indeed pretty much any film in the genre like Fast and Furious) had so much CGI work they could actually have been submitted for the best animated feature at the Oscars.

This is quite something.

(Without knowing the background I guess this might just be a pickup shot and doing this was a lot easier than returning to a location and finding the exact prop gun.)

1 Like
1 Like
  • Black Widow: July 9, 2021
  • Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings: Septermber 3, 2021
  • Eternals: November 5, 2021
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home: December 17, 2021
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness: March 25, 2022
  • Thor: Love and Thunder: May 6, 2022
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever: July 8, 2022
  • The Marvels: November 11, 2022
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania: February 17, 2023
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3: May 5, 2033