Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

12 Likes

Enjoyed this

https://www.citymetric.com/transport/what-s-wakanda-s-trains-public-transport-black-panther-3698

2 Likes

Of course you did :smiley:

3 Likes

Why is no one on dis talking about Black Panther? A million posts about some mediocre Star Wars movies (and other, extremely mediocre, Marvel movies) and basically nothing about how great BP is?

Can only conclude you’re all massive racists.

black panther chat is in the february film thread as well as this one

2 Likes

because star wars fans are mind numbingly boring pedants who live to post whilst marvel fans are normal well adjusted humans?

(seeing this on Tuesday can’t wait)

1 Like

:thinking:

safety wink

phew. false alarm then, nothing to see here

Saw Black Panther last night. Loved it. The design of everything in it was wonderful.

With this and Thor Ragnarok before, it feels like the MCU has reinvigorated itself.

Was the Stan Lee cameo subversive? It looked like an old white guy stealing money from a young black man. Not sure as I was distracted by a coughing fit behind me.

https://twitter.com/martsxdolan/status/967704913621995520

3 Likes

5 Likes

Finally saw and really enjoyed Black Panther! It was nicely contained away from the rest of Marvel, with no pointless cameos. They built a great world with Wakanda and all the performances were perfect. Even Forrest Whittaker couldn’t spoil it.

I did get a BIT irked at how Vibranium was magic. It can heal a broken spine, store energy from a punch and you can hide an entire suit of it inside a necklace - that will then spread out to fit perfectly on your mental command. Fuck off.

1 Like

I assumed that the former was achieved with the help of the ‘heart-shaped herb’ (albeit this grows in vibranium-soil).

been reading some ideas about how the last infinity stone is going to be in wakanda, from the meteorite that brought the vibranium or something so i guess that gives it its magic powers or something? dunno, glad they didnt get into that in black panther coz there was something really refreshing about how it pretty much stands alone

3 Likes
4 Likes

This is brilliant and dammit I really want to see the film again now!

4 Likes

Black Panther is looking likely to be the first Marvel film not involving Robert Downey Jr to top ÂŁ1bn at the box office. Amazing!

3 Likes