Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

agree that it’s better than most if not all of the marvel netflix shows but it’s absolutely not in any way accessible to new viewers! :smiley:

2 Likes

Loved the first season, but (farouk aside, whos brilliant) its just got TOO abstract this time around. Lovely to look at, but dont think im actually enjoying it any more.

oh yeah, I’d been meaning to revive the thread to see what people thought of S2. I think I largely agree with you, it’s still absolutely gorgeously crafted and does some crazy things with cinematography etc but the story is just not all that interesting

Still a big fan of the jagged music motif when its all kicking off too.

1 Like

can you think of any actors who played two (or more) marvel characters? there must be loads

thanos and cable

(this post brought to you by me looking up alfre woodard’s name and finding out she was also the woman giving iron man grief in civil war)

chris evans - captain america / one of the fantastic 4 (never watched it)

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

Bloody hell, there’s loads

thats basically all black lightning is as well, only with a rap soundtrack why is no one rapping with me THIS IS FOR THE STREETS, BLACK LIGHTNINGS BACK

2 Likes

http://rebloggy.com/post/my-gifs-captain-america-chris-evans-steve-rogers-what-a-babe-the-human-torch-joh/24906403544

“I’m both those dudes” :drooling_face:

3 Likes

god i love him so much

1 Like

As the Chinese film market continues to expand exponentially, Hollywood is increasingly having to adapt the ways in which they film and market their movies, in order to cater for this growing and restrictive audience base.

One of the ways round this is to film specific Chinese-themed cut scenes for their movies, which western audiences don’t traditionally get to see.

Crazy times.

Don’t really get why the World Cup would be a factor in the gap - it finishes a week after the US release date, they could easily have just gone in late July instead.

Lots of these aren’t MCU proper though. Only those should count. Same with Chris Evans and Josh Brolin.

1 Like

Yeah, with Chris Evans and Josh Brolin it’s a little fun fact but most of that list is ‘this bit part actor was in Blade and the Avenges!!!’

That wasn’t @japes question though, was it?

From that list, the only people to appear as multiple characters in MCU films (excluding television)

Laura Haddock - Captain America’s date / Peter Quill’s mum
Joe Russo (cameos don’t count though)
Kenneth Choi - Howling Commando, Spider-Man’s principal

Edit: Not even sure Haddock’s character gets a name in CA: TFA.

2 Likes

Stan Lee surely tops the charts - doesn;t even get mentioned

4 Likes

Well you can argue he’s the same character in each film though.

1 Like