Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

looks like a retro soviet olympic tracksuit

would wear.

1 Like

& @sadpunk

I can’t find it online anywhere. If you see it, please link me up!

No doubt helped by having a simultaneous worldwide release but it has absolutely smashed opening weekend

3 Likes

I’ve seen several different pairs, but none of them have done much for me.

(I’m not a trainer person though)

1 Like

Of course it has, MCU is the surest bet going at the moment when it comes to films.

Prefer the Nike ones myself

I do like Adidas trainers generally, but I hate that giant ugly white foam skirting board thing they have on everything at the mo. :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I prefer the adidas ones that Jamie McKelvie designed a few years ago:

And I can’t stand Vans, but even these look better than the current pairs:

2 Likes

m8

2 Likes

as a side note I think I would actually fucking die if I looked up and Brie Larson was serving me popcorn

2 Likes

Enjoyed that pals! Again, the Marvel films with low stakes are better than the end of the world ones. Really like Carol Danvers as a character, might be my favourite after Ant-Man as there’s just a touch more restrain. Glad they realise not everyone has to be a huge personality. The jokes also felt a bit dialled back to me, more natural and relevant to the plot rather than quip quip quip. Ben Mendehlson was the big highlight for me, and SLJ was obvs having a grand time too. Finale was relatively strong by comic book film standards too.

Total moratorium on mentors being baddies from now on please. Did anyone not think JLaw wasn’t gonna turn bad?

Little girl presumably is a super scientist in the present day?

Wonder what a sequel has in store for her given how powerful she is by the end of this?

90s nostalgia is a bit weird isn’t it? Apart from grunge there isn’t the visual aesthetic that makes everything so distinct like the 80s does.

2 Likes

Has there ever been such a high profile film with so little content in the marketing material?

4 Likes

THOR LOVES CAROL

1 Like

Proper goosebumps at this anyway

WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT ANOTHER SIX WEEKS FFS

2 Likes

BOOM - You lookin’ for this??

1 Like

I hope that Endgame finishes with some sort of retcon, rather than everything going back to normal when they defeat Thanos. Wouldn’t be true to big galactic time travel crossovers without one.

What kind of body count are we expecting? Captain America is 100% done for and quite possibly Stark too. Couple of minor ones on top to make things seem a bit more dramatic too? Nebula seems a good candidate.

Loki will stay dead but I think Gamora will come back.

3 Likes

So when watching Captain Marvel please remember this is what happens to Maria Rambeau in the comics :open_mouth::open_mouth:

4 Likes

Prediction for the opening scene:
Hawkeye’s whole family turns to dust and Linda Cardellini says ’ ‘God damn it, thankless wife/mother roles are the only ones I get these days and now I don’t even get…’ disintegrates

5 Likes

Clint has had a trim, looking fresh! #arrowswillwinthiswar

1 Like

Shut your filthy whore mouth - Hawkeye will no doubt prove pivotal in Endgame, that’s why he’s been saved up.

Arrows will win this war…

Yeah, felt to me that Ronan was put in at that specific point to make this film tie into the wider picture, which I guess is a necessary evil when working on the movies that come midway through the overall timeline.

1 Like