Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

I’d love HBO or Netflix to do a big budget Dredd miniseries that follows on from the movie.

1 Like

I grew up reading my brothers 2000ADs well before I properly started on Marvel stuff. Some fantastic strips in there (although the mid 90’s Mark Miller phase wasn’t great).

I’ve love to see TV series/films of things like Bad Company, Nikolai Dante and Button Man.

Fuck yes

In terms of 2000ad I’d also really like to see a Slaine film/miniseries (obviously leave out all the sci-fi time travel nonsense that happened later!)

Future Shock- The Story of 2000ad is well worth a watch.

1 Like

2000AD: Zenith or Nemesis are the main two that I’d look to adapt.

Dredd. Not seen the new film but always felt like it was just a really hard source to adapt well.

1 Like

You should probably watch the new film. They do about as good a job of adapting as it’s possible to do.

As demonstrated by the Stallone version. Karl Urban nails it though, as did being confined to the block, the look MC1 itself wasn’t as convincing as I’d have liked.

Not having Rob Schneider also makes it miles better by default!

1 Like

Fuck Comic Con, just go to the 40th birthday party.

https://events.2000adonline.com/e/4/2000-ad-40-years-of-thrill-power-festival

1 Like

Scrotnig! See ya there.

1 Like

This thread has been hijacked :open_mouth:

I will try to catch it some time. I’m someone who doesn’t throw the Stallone film under a bus, though. He is dreadful as Dredd and the film suffers. I think it’s because he’s a very emotional/human sort of actor while prior to that I’d have said RoboCop is the closest to actual Dredd, right down to the confusion of having an emotional response to something.

That said, I appreciated how the script tried to tie together a few classic stories, put an excellent Hammerstein on screen and - even though I’d have preferred no Angel gang at all - did a half-decent job of them too. The Long Walk was great as was Von Sydow in that role.

But really I just think the marriage of extreme violence and very black humour can be tricky to pull off, and is even harder if you’re also trying to do every other part of your adaptation justice rather than having a clean slate to work off.

I’ve not seen that either.

Well except they both came out at a time when going to see a film was really hard to do due to the child and it’s very rare I’m home alone with enough time/energy to spend on a film.

It’s basically Dredd, set in the present

4 Likes

The Pinkerton thing is all me, don’t worry.

1 Like

http://shop.2000adonline.com/cheap_thrills

SALE!

1 Like

oh, sweet, thank you. I’d been holding off buying Dead Zone (and I loved Day of Chaos and what it did to Dredd’s world) as it felt really slim for a £13.99 price tag!

1 Like

I shit out on that one after buying Zenith Phase 1 & 2. After getting the Chaos Day ones I want to pick up Titan at some point and some of the complete case files featuring Apocalypse War/Judge Child/Oz/Necropolis amongst others.