Marvel Films Thread (Spoilers for whatever the latest thing is please)

You know what? I feel like a MASSIVE dick sitting around a cinema waiting for a post credits scene.

I think they should stop this.

Sometimes I take ages putting my coat on so it looks like I’m actually just really slow and it’s just coincidence I was still around for the post credits “oh what’s this? more film?!”

Americans might be alright with this bullshit.

3 Likes

The only one I didn’t hang around for (because my pals really wanted to leave) was the Spider-Man Homecoming one, which was basically a massive troll where Captain America tells you about the values of patience. Did you hang around for that one, and if so, how did you feel?

I think it’s generally fine now as you see loads of people waiting around for them.

Oh yeah I’ve watched all the Netflix shows now (apart from Magic Hand because lol).

God tier
Daredevil S1 + S3
Jessica Jones S1

Good tier
Daredevil S2
Jessica Jones S2 + S3

Ok tier
The Punisher S1 + S2
Luke Cage S1

Shite tier
The Defenders
Luke Cage S2

2 Likes

I’ve not watched any released after Punisher S1. I know I should at least watch Daredevil S3 but the nerd in me objects because I’ve not watched the others.

I have, however, watched both seasons of Runaways and the first of Cloak + Dagger. They’re both pretty fun.

Does that mean you’ve watched The Defenders then? That’s probably all you need going into DD 3, it fairly directly ties into the end of that.

1 Like

Dunno if this was mentioned here but there was a corporate reshuffle earlier in the month and Marvel Television is now under Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige

Hopefully this means they’ll get their shit together now.

Never really understood how the creative decisions were made on the TV side of things before. It always seemed that each network (Netflix, ABC, etc) was its own silo.

Does this mean he’s in charge of creative decisions for comics now as well? :open_mouth:

Marvel TV covered all of the stuff on different networks, but there’s always input from the networks on their shows, so it was more like a 50/50 or whatever, with the tones fitting the network (Netflix stuff being dark, Hulu being lighter, ABC mostly being shite). Had different senior management before, scuttlebut was always that they didn’t get on with Feige.

Be interesting to see what (if anything) they do with the Netflix characters. They should all be available from early 2021 again.

Dunno about the comics tho. Good question. They take so much lead from the movies these days anyway.

1 Like

I just bugger off generally. They’re generally on YouTube within a week, and usually add very little

https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comments/dm2upi/the_baby_is_mjolnir/

4 Likes
1 Like

omg was this Jeph Loeb?

Ike Perlmutter

They used to be entirely incidental (I am talking of the second one at the very end).

Now they’ve started making them an actual part of the plot for future films, e.g. the Infinity War and Far From Home ones.

It’s frustrating frankly, not least because you might well be dying for a wee at that point and you can’t always pop out and then return. Seems fine if it’s just a little fun thing for the big fans as most of them were baffling to me when I first saw them and I used have no problem missing and watching on YouTube later.

The very first one on the very first MCU film introduces Nick Fury and the idea of the Avengers!

I don’t think tbh any of them are particularly necessary, even when they’re setting up something it’s not like you need to see the scene to get the film. Probably the most relevant one was the Captain Marvel one which shows her turning up on Earth, which Endgame doesn’t, but that was a mid credits one anyway.

(The FFH one was cool, but it was really only there as a way to hype up the nerds, a very “we still have cool stories to tell” thing. Not even clear what film it is setting up at this point!)

1 Like

More Paul Rudd, more Paul Rudd, more Paul Rudd

1 Like

Dunno FFH completely reversed the ending.

Don’t think the Iron Man one is that important but again it made no sense if you didn’t know what it was, ie I had no 8dea what the Avengers were or Nick Fury.

What I mean about FFH and a IF is they’re actually part of the movie they sit in, they’re specifically plot relevant and will have meaning for anyone who’s just a fan of MCU films.

To put them after 7-10 mins of credits is just frustrating.

(Had a weird with with the CM mid credits one where I had thought it basically didn’t exist after seeing Endgame, that instead she just found them floating. It was only after that someone said it was basically a missing scene from the opening Endgame narrative that I realised.)

Poor @kiyonemakibi :wink:

the ant man 2 one was relevant to endgame, i made sure gf saw that one before we went to see endgame. dunno why she just doesnt want to see the ant man films, theyre right up her street but some superhero stuff she just goes nah fuck off, looks like stupid shit for twats. which, you know, fair enough

1 Like

Mid credits one was, the post credits was the ant playing the drums.

If the ant had gone up against Thanos…

1 Like