Masks 😷

Do you reckon you look better with them on or not? How has your mask game been. Still keep meaning to branch out of black masks and buy a cute printed one from the @wileycat shop

• :mask::+1:
  • :mask::-1:

0 voters

Think it’s like sunglasses, they always make people look good

How well have you adjusted to mask life?

• :mask::+1:
  • :mask::-1:

0 voters

Mask chat encouraged

Hate wearing them, off as soon as i’m out of the door of anywhere.

Also a massive pain in the arse that i cant use apple pay easily with one on

2 Likes

Makes my face look massive and fogs my glasses

1 Like

Glasses steam up and regularly fall off my face when I bend over in the supermarket. A necessary but annoying pain in the arse.

1 Like

Covers up chins 2-7, draws attention to my eyes, dinosaur pattern. Literally no downsides.

7 Likes

Oh I love them. My eyes are fine but the rest of my face isn’t, so more than happy to cover it up as much as poss.

4 Likes

I have quite a long face and probably look better with one on. Well, I would do but my Barnet is like tier 4 danger levels at the moment.
Might just wear one from now on.
Can imagine going on a restaurant date and then removing to eat and the woman being all “ohhhh,shame”

1 Like

Innit, my eyes are quite good. Need to work ok my smizing game for future mask wearing

3 Likes

Been wanting a reason to cover most of my face for years for the good of the public.

Also don’t really mind it but wearing one for 9 hours a day is a bit much.

2 Likes

This but body as well as face.

Shh, not having that funks. You’ve the best face <3

1 Like

Find myself chatting to myself a lot when in the supermarket now.

I assume my mask is completely soundproof.

11 Likes

Had some that were in a really thick fabric or just a rubbish non breathable one, and they pretty much gave me panic attacks as they got me too hot.

But otherwise, when I don’t have those silly ones on, I’m very on board, I like how they hide most of my face so I feel less ugly, I like the introvert-ness (introversion?) of them and I feel sort of safe and more confident. I like having nice patterns to put on. Also when Id o the school run sometimes I forget to brush my teeth and I feel less offensive to others.

Overall helps my anxiety and before COVID I kept wanting to feel brave enough to wear a mask for pollution reasons, and whilst I know these aren’t pollution filters I’ll feel much happier about wearing ones for that reason now they’re more normalised (and hopefully some people will wear them even if they’re not normal in future)

GBOMs.

3 Likes

I like my mask, black with some pixel hearts on it so it’s not plain but not too fancy. had to wear a disposable surgical type one when I went to the hospital the other day and much preferred my mask to that. both steamed my glasses up which is really annoying.

have got used to popping one on when I need to in shops, although I did forget in boots the other day - was the only one in there apart from the staff so I didn’t see anyone for a bit, but once I saw someone with a mask and remembered I felt like a right shit when I realised and popped it on asap.

Same! I love my eyes and eyebrows but my nose is huge and not a fan of my lower half of face. It’s a win from me!

1 Like

Yeah they can be a real nuisance with the glasses steaming up. In this weather my glasses auto steam up as soon as I walk into a shop anyway though :smiley:

Was able to manage when it was warm/dry with the glasses fog, but when it’s raining it’s a complete write off. Wear them on the end of my nose like a sexy librarian.

Been a good time to practice smiling with my eyes, getting better at it I think. Get ID’d a lot less with a mask on so I think I have a youthful mouth zone.

1 Like

Gets a bit annoying tbh when people in the shop moan and say how much they hate wearing them to come in. It’s ten minutes ffs we’re in them all day.

3 Likes

I made loads to match my clothes (you can see some on my instagram) but they’re not great or comfortable as I can never get the ear elastic right. I have seen another pattern online I can try but making masks is SO BORING

Small issue in that I keep getting fluff from a big cardi in the mask and so I’ll just be walking along and bits in my mouth and you can’t really just get bits out of your mouth these days with your bare hands

If I wasn’t a glasses wearer they wouldn’t bother me as much

5 Likes