Masterchef 2018

yeah, but Churchill…

Just caught up. Fucking travesty - surely Nawamin had a far stronger competition than anyone else? Bucket and spade and a watering can ffs!

This is like when Ginger Minj got robbed in Drag Race. Brexit times ten

Nawamin had a pretty bad last two rounds tbh, struggled in all the pro kitchens, last round seemed pretty shit.

1 Like

They all struggled in the pro kitchens, but Nawamin did great in Peru and the guy there offered to start a doughnut stand with him!

His final dessert was a bit much, but waaaay more interesting than the others; also, crab dance :crab: :man_dancing:

I want a coconut stool

Bit if a final hurdle fall for Nawamin I’d say.

David always bit too safe to win.

Kenny to be fair showed the most progress etc and actually grew on me over the series.

Still super irked though…spoilered it for myself but was still angry watching the final result.
Nawamin mega gent isn’t he congratulating Kenny etc in his film bit. Look forward to him coming back as a judge taster guy next year…

dont wanna be too mean to Kenny like, but who the fuck is in charge of our banks now eh?

2 Likes

Well eat enough of them and I’m sure you’re dream will be realised! :wink:

2 Likes

the illuminati

In the first few episodes they were all like “Pfft a baked ganache, what even is that!?”

Watching Aussie Masterchef final and having your friends/family cheer you on the whole time must be so distracting!

Very sad, this lad from last year:

Oh man that’s really awful. I remember really fancying him too. :cry:

blimey, that’s sad. he seemed like a nice chap. so dangerous having marathons on hot days innit :confused:

It really is, I think the fact he was doing two in a fortnight is what’s done it there though.

1 Like

Sorry everyone but I was quite glad Kenny won in the end. Feel like progress is very rarely appreciated in Masterchef, and Nawamin was just doing some weird shit by the end. There was definitely some weird cockney bias going on with Gregg but on the whole pretty on board with it.

Yeah, they’ve always been clear that whoever does the best final meal wins, and kenny’s was the best. As much as I loved Nawamin (his video montage made me adore him), kenny deserved to win. Has come across well in interviews since as well.

Also, bloody hell but that video of nawamin made me realise that we work in the same building! I’m going to try to stalk him at lunchtimes.

2 Likes

What progression? Kenny’s main was just copied from the pro chef arrrgghhhh

3 Likes

This so hard - the judges clearly want to see the contestants draw inspiration/technique from the pro cooks, but that beetroot thing was just plagiarism. He even cut the beetroot into the same shape!

Crossed the line from sampling to full Puff Daddy imo.

1 Like

yeah i’ll give the beetroot thing being a bit weird, could have at least done a different shape, but compared to the other contestants he clearly got a lot better as the show went on and didn’t make weird fuck ups like inedible hay getting in the ice cream in the last round.

Finally caught up.
Alex had to go in the semis, cos she cooked paellla.

Kenny I thought more than the rest got better as it went on but he totally ripped off that beetroot thing and his starter up to a point but he didn’t really put a good wrong in the final.
The most irritating thing he did was salute the troops.

Nawawin dropped off a bit and should have maybe reigned in the more gimmicky elements of his food.

David, aye whatever, didn’t like him to much at first but he grew on me.

Anything stuffed in a cabbage can fuck off, it looks gross.
Yer man tommy the Yorkshire chef seemed like a good lad.
I liked the 5 hour challenge set by that Ashley fellow.
Some of that food in yer man Virgillio (sp?) place in Lima looked fucking mental :grinning: