Masterchef 2019

Sunday???

2 Likes

Andy Serkis’ cgi portrayal in the eventual TV movie

Did masterchef think it was bake off tonight or something?

I’m confused. There weren’t any Aussie old Champions on yesterday. Were you talking about Tim Kinnaird? If so he’s a meringue shop owner from Norwich.

2 Likes

He was a prick as well, but i meant Mat Follas, who apparently’s from Portsmouth…

1 Like

Love follas.

Ah gotcha. Yes. Prick. But not an Australian prick.

Thought about organising a foraging trip for lovage with him and @anon29812515

He was literally predicting most dishes would be bland before they came out. Total bell.

He was worried one might be too spicy, but i dont recall him saying any would be bland. Either way, he judged them fairly when he tasted them - whats the issue? Can only assume you’re prejudiced against fake Australians.

Big fan of this group. Reckon it’s the best bunch, especially the slightly younger handsomer Jeremy Corbyn.

when there’s a real Australian there to be prejudiced about as well!

1 Like

Love psychologist.

Sure he was just a psychologist previously. Must have been promoted.

My memory is notoriously shit, but I don’t think I have a contestant I’m properly rooting for this year yet, although it does seem like they’ve managed to weed out all the really annoying ones straight away this time.

Therefore I predict a wussy tie for the champion this year.

Love the fact that restaurant critic is just a synonym for “journalist who doesn’t have anything better to do.”

2 Likes

Yeah, that sounds like Jay Rayner

Or Amol Rajan, or Grace Dent, or Tracy MacLeod or Zoe Williams…

1 Like

Feel that’s a bit of a misogynist leaning list so I’d just like to point out that the only reason Sitwell doesn’t qualify is that he’s not even a journalist.

I feel like I see Amol Rajan every day on wildly different programme subjects, I don’t really know what his specialty is? I don’t mean that as a complaint or anything, he seems like a decent bloke but is he a restaurant critic or a hard hitting social issues journalist or lifestyle presenter? Or something else? How does he fit it all in his day?!

2 Likes

He’s no Matt Baker though is he? Sofa chat, gymnastics, hand up a sheep’s bum, he’s game for anything.

1 Like