Morning, Officer

eg using their figures, last year’s bill would be:

ÂŁ1271.13
ÂŁ213.76
ÂŁ99.41
ÂŁ224.66

(ÂŁ1808.96 total)

meaning that the overall rise is 3.25%, if it’s going up to £1867.82

Well yeah, I don’t understand how the overall % number is higher than every single increase. I can’t be fucked to try and find last year’s bill.

I think the correct word is “math”.

Would you like to pay my council tax bill? Maybe just the police and crime commissioner?

I don’t really care.

But good news. I called HMRC and I don’t have to pay that fine. :+1:

Only if you pay mine - I don’t know the amount yet, but it is Glasgow City Council and I get a single occupancy discount, but on the other hand my water bill is included. Could go either way who comes out best.

I don’t remember seeing that on there before so maybe…

I’m willing to take that bet.

They just said that so that they can fine you more for not paying the fine or maybe put you in prison.

2 Likes

I don’t resent paying that but I would like a bit more clarity on my bill

1 Like

Although 3% of my total bill from last year would be in the ÂŁ50s

Yeah, the numbers still don’t make sense however you work it out.

2 Likes

Not sure about this one either.

jesus christ i hate it when I end up trying to work shit like this out on dis when basic life and work admin of my own sits there not getting done.

1 Like

It’s £1272.01, isn’t it?

That’s what I get.

As far as my groggy morning brain can see it, the only way the 5.5% figure could be correct would be if you had some sort of rebate or refund on last year’s bill.

Your way is the connoisseur’s way.

I did a load of maths at school, then a degree in maths at university, then three jobs involving maths until I arrived at my current workplace where my first job involved a lot of basic percentage changes in financial figures, and that’s the first place where I learned to do percentage changes that way in Excel. I am a late adopter.

2 Likes