Mature midweek football thread

Spain Yugoslavia in Euro 2000 is generally the yardstick for games I’ve enjoyed as a neutral.

1 Like

fuck me Kaka was a bit good for a year or two

1 Like

I was at Palace 4 Liverpool 3.

I was only a kid but I still remember it vividly. I doubt it’ll ever get beaten.

Although Brighton 1 Palace 3 at the Amex. With us scoring 3 goals in the last 10 minutes was special.

Palace 3 Liverpool 3

Stockport 0 Palace 1. With Dougie Freedman scoring in the last minute to keep us up was the most nerve wrecking. Similarly, Sheffield Wednesday 2 Palace 2 on the last day to keep us up.

Lol good pen m8

1 Like

definitely my favourite game.

probably goes

1. Spain - Yugoslavia 2000
  2. Spain - Netherlands 2010
  3. Depor - Milan 2004
  4. Barca- Chelsea 2012
  5. Depor - Madrid 2002

Best in terms of aesthetics and quality (not close enough to be considered a great match though) is easily the Barca 5 - 0 Real. Doubt I’ll ever see a team play that well again

The only good game for neutrals Chelsea have ever been in is the one where Gerrard fell over though

Up until Iniesta at the Clasico last season that was the best performance I’d ever seen in the flesh, he was unbelievable and that was the best atmosphere I’d experienced at OT as well, great game.

Good cross, good header. Shame about savage.

Something really satisfying about a goal like that. Leicester haven’t been terrible, but now they’ve conceeded they’re stuffed basically

1 Like

Germany 4 England 2

Germany 7 Brazil 1

3 Likes

Did get a bit hamburglar by the end though.
The Spanish/Holland game in the first round was great too, very good tournament that World Cup was.

1 Like

Sevilla ought to be out of sight already

Fulham are winning lads!

A great warm up for your BIG GAME on Saturday

1 Like

hot take - leicester are fucking pony.

3 Likes

Musa is pretty awful. Okazaki being left out is strange, based purely on last season tbh haven’t seen too much of them this year.

we chatted shit. we got banged.

3 Likes

Massive goal from the people’s champ - Tom Cairney

1 Like