May 2019 Film Thread

Not really.
Aagh, don’t know anymore. I mean, it involves some knitwear. Does that make it twee?

BEATS is great, aside from the somewhat silly police battery incident it felt really natural and possibly the most realistic portrayal of coming up on drugs and general talking shite I’ve seen in a film. Really funny too.

I know it was a Friday afternoon but only 1 other person in my screen on opening day. Hope it finds an audience.

2 Likes

And the fact that it started with Ultrasonic
Man it took me back! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Soundtrack was brilliant, compiled by Optimo I believe.

1 Like

Indeed :+1:
I really enjoyed it, really did take me back to a fucking great time in my life. :grinning:

1 Like

I’m jealous! Acid house would be the one cultural phenomenon I would teleport back to, given the chance.

1 Like

Does make me pretty old though :grinning::grinning::weary::weary:

watched detective pikachu

but couldn’t tell you why. don’t know anything about pokemon, not really fond of ryan reynolds either. but it was fun. good film to watch on a plane.

felt like such a fuckin weirdo watching a kids film at the pictures on my own :grimacing:

4 Likes

Nothing wrong with a bit of twee.

*puts on a Belle and Sebastian album

Seeing Woman at War in a couple of weeks’ time. Looking forward to it.

can’t believe they made the car round from street fighter into a film

1 Like

Neo-noir version of Chef

1 Like

Aye, love Mark Dacascos.

The new Almodóvar is getting raves from Cannes, hurry up August!

3 Likes

Can’t remember the last time he made a truly great film…Volver back in 2006?

Julieta was great?

2 Likes

Despite knowing very little about Pokemon, I greatly enjoyed Detective Pikachu. In the scene where Tim is looking round his dad’s apartment and asks “Who’s there?”, a small boy in the front yelled “It’s Pikachu!” as if the protagonist was a complete idiot. :joy:

10 Likes

Good luck to anyone who tries to convince me that this is going to be anything but awesome
Was great before the end, but the end omd omd thx Netflix

I feel like I’ve seen the entire film in that clip though.

Yeah, Julieta was very good and I liked the batshit insane-ness of The Skin I Live In, though that was an acquired taste I admit

2 Likes