May 2019 Film Thread

Its not worth getting excited about really :frowning:

1 Like

I really liked it. A lot of people find the scene where Chris Evans tearfully confesses to eating babies laughable but it worked for me. And Tilda Swinton is great as ever.

1 Like

Good to hear, thanks!

It screened at the Edinburgh film fest in 2014 I think, and my flatmate at the time saw it and really liked it. I patiently waited for a proper release that never came…

There’s meant to be a TV series remake, I think it actually was filmed but again has ended up in weird release limbo.

I fucking love it and am very excited to rewatch it

1 Like

https://twitter.com/THR/status/1123891082478215169

Generally enjoyed Snowpiercer, although how Tilda Swinton continues to get work is baffling.

Because she’s great

7 Likes

Just seen it and massively agree. Was watching through my fingers at points.

Very, very good film.

5 Likes

Just saw Greta. Absolutely ludicrous. Thoroughly enjoyable.

1 Like

Ffs

1 Like

You might think her character is ‘weird’, but it’s in keeping with the film, and she’s one of the best actors of her generation.

Watched the Psycho remake.

Actually do agree that it is an interesting experiment

Dragged Across Concrete is quite good. it does drag a bit but has some really good moments. i can see why people get pissed off at Zahler, there’s definitely some stuff in there where he’s just being edgy for the sake of it. worth a watch if you like long, gritty, violent crime stuff i guess.

1 Like

Long Shot is funny and sweet and never once threatens to be more than a 7/10 which is absolutely fine. I also really like O’Shea Jackson Jr in everything I see him in.

2 Likes

I’ve seen that it’s had good reviews and I probably will go and see it, but I’m really really happy I won’t have to see the trailer ever again

1 Like

Watched the Teen Titans film last night and was really really pleasantly surprised. Great how self-aware it is, and the way it riffs on the over-abundance of super hero films. Some of the jokes were pretty dark as well.

3 Likes