May politics thread, feat. EURO Elections & May Resigning at last

Also considering the MEPs we ellect are going to be relevant for a negligable amount of time I’ve decided to vote Pro-Remain and vote Green

2 Likes

dunno if Greens were even on the paper here, didn’t really look at it

It’s kind of fascinating to watch everyone deciding individually what exactly this election means to them.

5 Likes

5 Likes

There was a young lad in the work canteen today going off on one about council tax and why should he have to pay more for the same public services based on where he lived and I had to explain about how taxes get distributed by the council according to need and he went “isn’t that a bit… communist?” and we all looked at him and went ‘yep’ and he stopped talking

8 Likes

Was worth going to vote (Green, thanks for asking) to find out that Ann Widdecombe’s middle name is Noreen.

8 Likes

edit: wrong thread

4 Likes

Thought you were guessing Ann Widdecombe’s other middle names for a minute

3 Likes

I my flatmate voted Green :slight_smile:

Had a good long look across the candidate’s names, nothing particularly of note.

Thought I would vote English Democrats because I am English and I like democracy over autocracy. Then I remembered that they’re racist.

So then I thought I would vote UKIP because I am UKish and an Important Person. Then I remembered that they’re racist too.

So then I thought I would vote BREXIT Party because I am BRish and an EX-Idiotic Teen who liked a party. Then I remembered that they’re racist too.

So then I thought I would vote Tory because my daughter used to watch loads of Victorious on Netflix and really liked the character called Tori and I thought it would be a nice tribute. Then I remembered that they’re racist too.

So then I thought I would vote Change UK and I found myself wondering what would happen if the UK DIDN’T actually vote to remain in the UK and I Chukaled lots.

Obviously I discounted Lib Dems even though their leader ISN’T racist because… y’know, his wife.

So then I voted Labour. Although it was a close run thing between them and the Greens.

4 Likes

also wearing my Green Germany shirt to be extra subtle

2 Likes

You’d think they’d learn, wouldn’t you?

But they’re just sooo ruddy keen to be seen to be ‘in the know’ that they’re happy to keep ending up looking ridiculous time and time again.

1 Like

What would be the incentive for them to stop doing this?

Dont think most people will even think that far into it, oh what’s the news, here is today’s news, oh nothing happened

In any other profession it would be being made redundant for being bad at their jobs.

Their job is to report on a story though so they are good at their jobs if people are paying attention

But they’re not. They’re pontificating and throwing opinions out there in the vain hope that one proves to be accurate. It’s like a darts player trying to land a 180 whilst riding on a carousel.

5 Likes

You clearly have never met an economist.

4 Likes

A car was driving around near my house (no logos visible) blaring out a recorded message ‘If you love your country vote Brexit Party’. Mr Brightlight and I offered them some fairly ‘robust’ feedback as it passed us. I thought this sort of thing wasn’t allowed on polling day?

Should’ve covered it with milkshakes

2 Likes