⚽ May's football thread: the business end of the business end of the season ⚽ (Part 1)

Does my head in. Extremely performative personality IMO

5 Likes

Always said he was a bellend

The constant one-upmanship with anyone and everyone he’s in the studio with is exhausting, was just thinking and I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do any actual punditry

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/sisteers/status/1528472747398950913?s=21&t=NAO_Vo9hkT2bo6Ahxuwxvw

Really enjoying the this means more and why does everyone hate us narrative today

Yeah you’re right mate, nobody else loves their team.

Not plastic as well? Weren’t their fans complaining about too many wools in the ground

5 Likes

classic Si Steers

2 Likes

Si steers is doing it for himseeeelllffff

18 Likes

Plus we’ve won every title we’ve competed with him on the coaching staff. So I’m pretty sure we’re BACK.

1 Like

He’s ticked mate.

I too would give Ferran Torres a 7/10 for this season

1 Like

That’s right, ticked off at the lack of respect given to Liverpool Football Club

1 Like

It’s more or less accepted that United will have another stinker, and finish 6th or 7th. The only difference being hopefully blowing hot and cold/showing some signs of progress, rather than being consistently stagnant and crap like this year. We’re losing a whole bunch of players, who while they all need to go, will still completely upend the squad. We’ll probably not get half the players we need to bring in.

Reckon Arsenal will have a broadly decent season, miss out on top 4 due to the level being higher than this year, not win any cups, then Arteta will be gone shortly after.

Enjoying today’s takes that, on one hand, city won the title because they buy all the best players. But also that Liverpool have the best keeper, the best centre back, the two best full backs, the best holding midfielder, the best central midfielder and the 5 best attackers in the league

4 Likes

He was decent in the first half of the season. He played up front quite a bit and we all got the impression Pep had converted him into the centre forward we badly needed. Still think it was insane to sell a young goalscorer to a club who would’ve made us pay double what they did and likely contributed to how closely we shaved it for the title, but ultimately it was a decent enough profit and cleared the deck for Haaland. 7/10 is about right.

Been saying this for a while. Me and a couple of mates call it Gabriel Heinze Theory. United fans used to be really bad for it. Every player they have is the best in the league, Europe or the world, until they leave or want to leave, then that title ceases immediately.

1 Like

Do you lot just spend all your time chatting to random fans of rival clubs or something

Think I only know about 6 football supporters in total and they’re all nice and normal people

1 Like

That said, I do think Liverpool deserve great credit. They are overachieving. I mean, they’re tory billionaires like everyone else, but there is a big distinction between the owners of the two clubs, and City are spending the most to finish first, whilst they spend the fifth most (gross), ninth most (net) to finish second, and for all their faults that’s a good thing.

Did we do the Balotelli goal? Lovely stuff

I spend about 5 hours a day in this thread so yeah

6 Likes

Everton 14th, Leeds 18th, Fulham 19th, Brentford 20th.

So much is dependent on who Chelsea’s new owners are that it’s impossible to make predictions about them really. The other London teams should be capitalising on how much of a mess they are on and off the pitch, but they are Arsenal and Spurs, so.

Leicester have a great capacity to improve whilst West Ham are at the upper limits of what they can achieve. The latter look like their legs have fallen off and I’d expect some reversion to the Moyesy mean to happen next season. Leicester need to boot Brendtan asap though.

I’d be surprised if Clive Friendly or whatever his name is at Brighton is there for much longer. Particularly given vacancy likely at Leicester.

It’s not necessarily the case that it ends when they leave. My ex boss still insisted with a straight face that he’d prefer Van Nistlerooy over Aguero.