⚽ May's football thread: the business end of the business end of the season ⚽ (Part 1)

Quite a few predicted Liverpool to finish outside the top four…

1 Like

Couldve been worse

2 out of 3 isn’t bad

1 Like

Wasn’t prepared for the raw sexuality of this.

2 Likes

Strange void of emotions after today’s events. If Liverpool had had their noses in front at any point this afternoon it might have felt different one way or the other but the inevitable happened and so…

Can’t begrudge City or their fans anything…four out of the last 5 Barclays, near total domination, a supreme achievement

Equally, just a point in it (for the 2nd time) and it’s frankly ridiculous that we managed 47 out of a possible 51 points in the last 17 games - winning 15 & drawing to City & Spurs

Fucking Spurs.

No, actually, well pleased for them. Good lads, great manager, brilliant shiny toilet, big potential for next season. Get Kulusevski signed.

Elsewhere. Leeds staying up is obviously great news …but…has a team with a -37 GD ever stayed up before?

And while we’re at it… has a team with 0 GD ever qualified for the Europa/UEFA before? Seems odd that Bumted have equalled Arsenal’s achievements this year

Hope everyone had a fun day, I watched the match(es) with my Uruguayan pal who spent 90 minutes telling me how Liverpool needed Darwin Nunez to really bring the title home next season. ‘Gonna be hard to compete with a Haaland City’ I said. ‘Yeah but he’s the Uruguayan Haaland’ he replied

It is, indeed, a funny old game

Big ups everyone, a thoroughly decent Barclays. 6 weeks until the next one and no more football matches until then :melting_face:

9 Likes

This was actually massive, wasn’t it…?

3 Likes

I was right. Didnt win the league. Pathetic

First time watching MOTD this season

Lineker with a very Richard Keys delivery of ‘Steven. Gerrard’ there

1 Like

Jessica Ennis

Goodnight

I had Leeds in and around the top six! :joy:

‘Reidy’

Lovely stuff

9 Likes

I do love Mo though. The league will be much poorer if Madrid get him.

Thought Coutinho was a bit of a bust until today. Didn’t realise how much of a defensive shift he puts in for you, fair play to Stevie for getting that out of him.

1 Like

He doesn’t normally tbf

Why does someone at the Etihad keep screaming like a cat

had no idea Jack Pitt-Brooke was a Man City fan
he’s so posh and Southern. Can’t believe it

1 Like

It’s the Chorlton cheetah

1 Like

Lineker still does these weird in studio interviews?

Xisco Munoz! Remember him? No of course you don’t, he never existed.

2 Likes