Mazzy Star

Forgive my ramblings…Just listening to the re-issue of So Tonight I might See…an album I’ve returned to intermittently since its release - this album just climbs in my affections with age (a bit like the last 3 Talk Talk albums have)…
sandoval’s intoxicating vocals intertwined with Roeback’s affecting arrangements are such a rich, soothing balm to a tired mind. Weird band to classify too…i tend to bracket them with galaxie 500 and to a lesser extent low and slowdive…definitely loose dreampop, shoegaze and slowcore vibes…

I’d give it a high 9/10 - and I’d also give each of their other LPs 9/10…incredibly unprolific band but worth the patience…and possibly the (semi) existing band I’ve never seen who I’d love to see most…i suspect its too much to ask for a Primavera appearance

been a good month for reissues too with Chrome by Catherine Wheel preceding it by a week…another great LP from 93…by some distance my favourite year for releases…

bit of a pointless post but its been a while since Ive seen Mazzy Star mentionned here unless I’ve not been paying attention

Great album! Not listened to it in a few years but Into Dust still makes its way onto my playlists on a fairly regular basis.

Love her voice.

‘Look On Down From the Bridge’ is a personal fave

Good stuff…well worth revisiting in full :slight_smile:

Great shout…a gorgeous climax to an entrancing album…

Always felt they were firmly psych rock than any of the other genres bandied about.

first two albums are good, last two are boring. Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions are good too.

Wonderful album/band.
The Hope Sandoval album from last year was one of the year’s best too.
Track below made it onto my most recent DIS mix cd.

I saw them at Primavera in 2012. Pretty good (but not as good as when I saw them at King Tut’s in 1993).