McGregor / UFC223

3 fights off UFC223 now including the main event.

BRO!

this has done me a bit.

misread as ‘attacked a bus of 223 fighters’.

i reckon this was all a stunt to hype up him v khabib, either that or he was just fulla coke

Both?

also entirely possible, didn’t he crack someone in a dublin boozer a few months back too?

hes never gonna fight in mma again.

if dana white was half the man vinny mac is he would’ve personally bailed connor out himself and booked him in a brooklyn street fight with khabib tomorrow

He’s such a fucking tedious bellend.

Al Laquinta is now fighting Khabib in the main event after Max Holloway is now also deemed unfit to fight, don’t really know much about Laquinta but it seems like a lot of hardcore fans really rate him and believe he could potentially cause an upset.

so they’ve gone from Ferguson (#1 lightweight), to Holloway (featherweight champ), to Pettis (former lightweight champ), to Iaquinta (#12 ranked lightweight)? heh. and Iaquinta can’t even win the belt because he weighed in at the one pound allowance rather than championship weight!

Iaquinta has good power but he’s nowhere near the class of khabib and will get pulverised.

Shame, I was hoping it would be competitive at least. I’m surprised Holloway had trouble cutting weight considering he usually fights at featherweight, guess its probably the one week notice.

yeah, it’s genuinely ridiculous the amount of weight these lads cut in comparison to boxers - khabib is apparently in shape at 190 between camps, Holloway well above 170.

the women’s title fight is still good and the reshuffling has seen their best prospect bumped up to the main card ‘zabit magomedsharipov’.

definitely gone from a potentially great card to a decent one tho.

What sort of chance has this Darren Till lad got?

he’s beat one actually good guy who he was much bigger than. the other geezer is probably the best welterweight in the world. he’s absolutely massive and has a big punch but he should be a 2/1 or bigger underdog.

he missed weight and had to re-weigh today and apparently struggled to stay under 188lbs when the fight is at 170. some talk that he’s as big as 215 in the cage. fucking mindboggling.

There should just be a flat rule that people can’t fight if they’re, say, 5% over weight, surely?

oh sorry, he originally missed at 174 yesterday, had to stay under 188 as of 1pm today but struggled to make that.

apparently his opponent got a big brown envelope to take it. the ufc pretty much acts as it’s own commission overseas so any hard and fast protections for the fighters go out the window.

there are gonna be a lot of people dying very young from this sport and it’s gonna be difficult to know how much of that is due to the weight cuts.

thought he lost rounds 1 3 & 4 but fair play, did well.

bit of a stinker.

Thought Till maybe edged it, but not really sure what i’m watching to be fair.

Bisping’s accent cracks me up.

they always bill him as being from Manchester, hear him speak and you’re like ‘aye, yreckon?’ proper hill person innit.

He slips into some sort of weird L.A telly accent now and again and then remembers he’s from LANCASHIRE.