Meal Improvisation

You know when you’ve got bugger all left in your fridge and need to throw something a bit random together for lunch or dinner? Share your inventions / abominations here and we can all pass judgement on it.

Chat not just allowed, but strongly encouraged.

Today I had some pitta bread with olives, grilled cheese and a bit of tobasco sauce

Rate my food

0 voters

Theoretically that all seems absolutely fine, but as I hate olives it’s got to be a one from me.

3 Likes

Nothing intrinsically wrong here, but cant help but feel its a bit of a waste of a pocket

2 Likes

That’s a shame but I appreciate your honesty. Thanks for taking part

A lot wrong here.

2 Likes

Definitely needs more toppings, although I think splitting it open for maximum cheese coverage has been a bit of a revelation for me

I gave it a 3 so will now make it a 1

6 Likes

I have it an 8 as it sounds tasty.

1 Like

Docking you a point for wholemeal pitta sorry

1 Like

Wholemeal pittas are nice imho

4 Likes

So you didn’t put the filling inside the pita. Interesting.

Cheese on toast is a 10. Olives is not usual, but not sufficient to dock a point. If wholemeal pitta is all you have then that’s just -1, although if you have any other bread product available it drops to a 3 overall. And that’s just for the cheese.

Bit of houmous for your crusts?

1 Like

Made some ‘healthy pizzas’ with pitta breads once, so it’s basically that. I’d have picked something (anything!) other than olives, but you can only work with what you’ve got I suppose.

1 Like

Could do with some chorizo for that authenticity but otherwise fine. I’d smash it down.

A 10.

2 Likes

everyone rating less than 10, what’s the problem

• don’t like cheese
  • don’t like olives
  • don’t like fun

0 voters

This reminds me of my go-to quick and minimal meal when I was doing a dissertation a few years ago: a khobez wrap with tomato puree, cheese and salami on, under the grill for 10 mins, instant lazy cheapo approximation of a thin / crispy style pizza. Delicious tbh, sadly the grill on my current oven doesn’t work so this is a thing of the past.

1 Like

@colinfilth afraid wholemeal pitta is all we had left in the bread bin (and I would ordinarily not go for it but my partner prefers it)

I humbly accept your scores nonetheless

2 Likes

this is just a meal imo, no improvisation.

2 Likes

If I had any houmous left I would have just had that and the pitta, tbh

1 Like