Meat Puppets - original lineup tour 2019

1 Like

Playing Dolan’s but not Cork? Our city is a fucking embarrassment when it comes to touring bands.

1 Like

Fair play to Limerick like.
I’m kind of amazed they’re coming to Belfast.
Brilliant.

1 Like

Limerick has some excellent bands coming through at the moment. DIY LK and Dolan’s do a great job.

2 Likes

Oh aye sure they put on Titus Andronicus we talked about didnt they?
Maybe they’ll add a Cork date at the start. Limerick is an odd place to start a tour.
Though the tour dates and venues seem a bit scattershot after the Irish dates tbf :grinning:

Limerick and Norwich are the natural hotspots of any tour

3 Likes

Opened this all excited thinking ‘there won’t be a Cardiff but at least I could go to Bristol’. FFS.

By ‘The Venue’ in London, do they mean the New Cross ‘Venue’? Should fit in nicely between the Steps and Taylor Swift tribute acts.

Given that The Venue is about 500 metres from my house, that piqued my interest also.

Suspect that the last time The Venue put on a non-tribute act band was probably around the time The Meat Puppets were guest starring on Nirvana’s MTV Unplugged tbh tbf…

They played in Blackwood a few years ago so must have deemed that to be enough for Wales and the South West for a while.

1 Like

I wonder what their views on the pedestrianisation of Norwich city centre are :thinking:
Tbf people in Nowich are probablt thinking ‘Belfast?’ wtf?

'Mon over to Belfast sure.
We’re nice here.

1 Like

Ta! Was a big fan of your city when I came a couple of years ago

2 Likes

They will need a shiny new banner to commemorate this occasion. Put the WKD’s on ice!

Was this well attended? What a fascinating decision

Saw them live 5 years or so ago. They were good and played stuff off ii and up on the sun. Too high to die and huevos are decent too… cant speak for anything they’ve released in the last quarter of a century mind.

It was part of this, I only went to the Meat Puppets but it was a decent crowd especially for a Sunday night in Blackwood.

1 Like

#thursdayfilth ? :rofl:

1 Like

yep. I avoid them if I can, as seeing reformed Pixies go through the motions was pretty soul-destroying.

However, Dinosaur Jr and Mission of Burma were both excellent, so it can work out alright!

Yep, still fantastic live.

1 Like

HEY!

I actually know the promoter putting on the Norwich date (he’s also doing the London show) and the arts centre is a lovely venue which will sell out, its fucking cool they’re playing there!

2 Likes