Medical Advice (rolling)

Not a cold sore sufferer so far but do see them on a daily basis at work and even after seeing 1000 different ones there are times I still find it hard to tell if it is one or not. Some are very obvious, but it often depends on what stage they are at and as to how much so.

There are so many issues with the skin and so many of them look so similar that it is often hard to pinpoint the cause. I assume you’ve looked at OTC treatments but if it’s not sore or bothering you too much, give it two weeks and if it hasn’t healed then see your GP (obviously contact them sooner if it spreads all over your face!)

It’s not bothering me at all thankfully. It’s just a bit red for some reason! I think it’s fading now. I changed lip balm in case it was an allergy type thing

:+1:

During my run at lunchtime, a dog which was on a leash jumped up on me and its long claws hurt my legs. I didn’t think to say anything to the dog owner and carried on running.

When I got to the shower I noticed that the claws had broken the skin. I washed it thoroughly in the shower with Fa shower gel, “sports” flavoured.

What should I do?

• Go to the ER immediatey
  • Phone your doctors surgery and see what they say
  • See what WebMD says
  • Ignore it, it’s fine
  • Ignore it for now, but if it gets infected, phone your doctor
  • Other (explain)
0 voters

I’ve had a really painful tennis elbow type thing for months. What should I do?

Stop playing tennis

3 Likes

Don’t really play tennis. Don’t even own a tennis bat.

I don’t know what it’s like in Holland but if they have an equivalent to a pharmacy counter then I’d seek help there. Are you up to date on tetanus vax and stuff like that?

1 Like

With Guy Garvey!!!

Reported.

Hawkeye?

(he won’t get this bit of brilliance)

Just checked my vaccine passport and sure enough I got a revaxis shot on 26th January this year!

I don’t get it.

image or image ??

Then stop lying on the internet

(sigh) fine. Masturbators Elbow.

2 Likes

In May, while in Indonesia, I got a bit of an eye infection. The bottom bit swole up a bit. After a few weeks it settled down again, but there’s still a small red mark on the eye 4 months later.

I told the doctor and they said “does it hurt?” and I said “no” and they said “what’s the problem then?”.

Is this fine?

Is it this? Chalazion - Wikipedia

I thought that was going to be a link to a Pokemon for a sec

1 Like

Yeah, I think it might be, though nowhere near as bad as any of those pics.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like