Medical Advice (rolling)

An effective way is to lie on your stomach on your bed with your head over the edge and angled down. If you lie like this for about five minutes, you’ll feel your nose begin to plug up as the contents of your sinuses gradually pools there. Then blow your nose and be simultaneously amazed and repulsed at the contents of the tissue.

If you do this a couple of times a day maybe, you’ll get a good clear out of the pipes. Better than decongestant tablets which can have a bit of a rebound later anyway.

2 Likes

This makes a lot of sense! Will try this next time my head asplode

1 Like

Will def try this, the steam thing disn’t really work and I’ve run out of nose spray ;(

1 Like

I have pulled my lower back out from weightlifting. I can barely stand straight? Hurts when I push my bum out.

Help!!!

Lift more weights, power through the pain

1 Like

See I felt pain and I did that and somehow it’s made it worse
Who knew

1 Like

NeilMed Sinus rinses.

Steam some more with a little bit of Vicks Vaporub or similar in the water. This will open up your nasal passages to release more of the snot.

Do NOT use nasal sprays for more than 2/3 days max. They can really fuck your sinuses up.

If this doesn’t clear up in 2/3 days then go and see your Doctor.

Love how much sense @laelfy talks in threads like this.

2 Likes

Don’t push your bum out.

8 Likes

#drugregulation4lyfe

1 Like

Always like to look like I know what I’m doing in the supermarket, so grab the first thing I see with the word on it, e.g. paracetamol. Assumed the size and shape was just because Dutch people are taller so everything is bigger.

3 Likes

I have a cyst on the back of my head. I thought my skull was pointy but no, it appears to be a cyst. It’s pretty solid and doesn’t move about when I push it. Do I have head cancer? Or am I growing an extra brain?

Well you know what they say, two heads are better than one

Mum? Is that you?

(Whenever I went with an ailment and said “it hurts when I do this” she’d say “don’t do that then”)

1 Like

Thank god I’m off to Lisbon on Friday for boozing and eating (and minimal walking if i’m in pain!)

1 Like

whats the worst that could happen

If it’s a decongestant nasal spray, you can use them for up to a week. A lot of people get relief from Sterimar products. They have a few different ones for different indications but they are all basically just saline so perfectly safe to use indefinitely.

Not ones that contain phenylephrine. Sudafed for instance. Read the label - it states you should not use them for more than 3 days.

Sudafed contains xylometazoline. I’m not familiar with nasal sprays that use phenylephrine off the top of my head?

You’re correct - it’s Sudafed tablets that contain phenylephrine, not the sprays. My mistake.

In any case - I wouldn’t use them for more than a few days Are You Overusing Nasal Spray?

I’ve had a case of that ‘rebound phenomena’ before and it ain’t pleasant.