Meeting famous people who(se creative/professional output) you don't like

Did a massive charity bike ride for his sister’s cancer charity last year. Had some publicity photos taken with him. Group and individual. He tried to chat about cycling, gave him some half arsed responses and it was incredibly awkward. He fucked off after about 5 mins and his sister called him a wanker.

*Life is a rollercoaster

1 Like

Fucking hell, @xylo and @rich-t

1 Like

this was the correct answer

1 Like

Shat yourself on purpose, yeah yeah :wink:

1 Like

Met McFly, very nice lads, but my mum made them sad over the phone

How come? (Or am I missing a set-up for a joke? Feeling a bit paranoid now)

If missing the joke means not knowing something about mcfly, then i wouldn’t worry about it

1 Like

(i don’t know the joke either)

oh i just remembered. I share numerous social circles with an extremely famous singer songwriter who’s music I do not care for. One time when I was very drunk I probably went a bit too close to letting him know this.

His name: hahahah wankers

Smeed Smeeran?

I was at a Bruce Springsteen gig with my brother, and had told my mum that I’d ring her when it finished and I was on my way back (I was quite young at the time (<18))
We bumped into McFly outside and started talking to them, good bunch of lads. While we were chatting I decided it would be a good idea to phone my mum, put her on speaker phone, and then surprise her with the fact we were talking to McFly. Conversation went something like:
AP - Guess who we’re speaking to
AP’S M - who? is it Bruce springsteen
AP - Erm, no. It’s McFly!
AP’s M - Why are you speaking to them they’re shit
McF - :disappointed:
AP - *Awkward, apologetic silence *

~Fin~

10 Likes

ed harcourt?

Also made Ed Sheeran whitey into a bush but that was pre-fame so doesn’t count

1 Like

eddie VAN halen

Fair play to aggpass’s mum though

3 Likes

Met Pete Doherty a few times circa 2001/2002 when the Libertines had a bit of attention, but weren’t big names. He was a total knob even then. Really attention seeking, obnoxious, creepy to women. Came on to teenage girls in a really aggressive way when he was in his early 20s.

Kelly MacDonald. Offered her a can of Strongbow.

Did she accept?