Megadeth - Rust In Peace (poll & chat)

i love this album. pick your top three tracks and discuss why you love them / this album

• Holy Wars… The Punishment Due
  • Hangar 18
  • Take No Prisoners
  • Five Magics
  • Poison Was the Cure
  • Lucretia
  • Tornado of Souls
  • Dawn Patrol
  • Rust in Peace… Polaris
0 voters

6 Likes

Saw them live a few years ago and it was radical.

3 Likes

The whole Ellefson saga has kinda wrecked it a bit now tho

1 Like

One of the best opening songs to an album ever.

6 Likes

at the moment cant think of a single better song in existence

i need a whole song of the last 15 seconds on loop.

4 Likes

I’m more of a Countdown To Extinction man, myself

3 Likes

Always thought Dave Mustaine sings like someone to whom English is not their first language. His intonation is really odd.

Bit old now but still…

7 Likes

i think thats part of the appeal. pretty singular vocals

1 Like

FUCK. YES.

holy wars is so ridiculously good. like you think there’s no way it can get better, but then it does, and just keeps fucking going. man, i love it so much.

hope you’ve all been spamming that pitchfork 90’s poll with write in rust in peace votes, because i have

@TVDenimChap get in here

8 Likes

you can still vote and chat! countdown is just not as good to me tho. has some great moments of course.

unironically love the album cover as well, just perfect

3 Likes

prob my fav metal album cover yea

1 Like

6 Likes

Brb just gotta write an essay about the best album of all time

2 Likes

wonder if @wikihock ever listened to it after we spent that dis meet trying to convince him that it was the best thing ever

1 Like

how do purists feel about the remastered version? i like it but i like my metal punchy

Was about to say - any newcomers listening to this for the first time should listen to the original, non-remastered version. The (rubbish) re-recorded vocals on Take No Prisoners, Five Magics and Lucretia instantly disqualify the remaster imo.

1 Like

oh sweet thanks didnt know they redid the vox on some. guess i have reason to listen to the album again today

1 Like

4 Likes