The Smashing Pumpkins - Rage against the Machina

But I’ve posted 43 times.

3 Likes

Thats pre shit tier era cudi

Don’t make me tap the sign

Become an instrumental band? Interesting thought.

Draw your own conclusions. :slight_smile:

I love his voice and think a lot would be lost without it, but he did write some fantastic instrumentals that a lot of people don’t know about.

1 Like

We all should go!

1 Like

started listening to smashing pumpkins properly after reading this, they’re good!
more consistent than nirvana, guess they never had that intangible thing that made hipsters like them tho

8 Likes

The Machina Acoustic Demos are so, so, so great. I hope people give them a chance with an open mind.

Here’s my favorite one, unsurprisingly since “Wound” is my favorite song ever.

1 Like

It was quite literally the only way they could get that message to the fans. They’d tried pretty much everything else and it ended up traring the band apart. I just wish they’d released it as the double album it could have been, no, should have been, which certainly would have been the greatest double album of the millennium, if bot of all time

2 Likes

Been back on the smack eh lads?

6 Likes

No such era

Only two people believe that though, and they both post on this forum. Nobody wants Machina to be twice as long. Nobody.

3 Likes

Can we have a sub-thread for when a band outdoes someone else at their own style?

For example, this is actually the best Sonic Youth song.

Does @Severed799 know you’re repurposing this? :joy:

2 Likes

I think it is much more SY-esque though, that was me just going for the easy target hah

2 Likes

If we’re doing this then I always feel like Beasties’ Sabotage is a better Rage Against the Machine song than Rage did.

Also mclusky do better Pixies songs than Pixies ever did :wink:

3 Likes

this is all fine

I’m completely fine with this version of the take tho

1 Like

More that it shows how little effort he was putting in before