Mellow Magic

Remember listening to DiS Mellow Magic on my local radio station (presumably syndicated), with some DJ from the 80s who’s got bills to pay occasionally introducing a nice mellow/magic song. Anybody else remember this as a thing?

3 Likes

There’s a reason magic is one of my presets in the car and that reason is mellow magic. Zero chance of buble, significant chance of nightshirt by The commodores which might be the best song ever

3 Likes

Well if you’re going to make mellow magic, it stands to reason you have a specific shirts for the night-time :grinning:

Read a review of a Lionel Richie gig, and apparently at the end he said something like “that’s the end of my songs, but I’m just the warm-up act”, before presumably winking at the entire city of Manchester at once.

Now that is mellow magic.

7 Likes

Christ, how did I not post this in the OP

1 Like

Just leaning softly into smoothland

6 Likes

Starting to feel like Mellow Magic had more of a formative influence on my musical taste than I realised

1 Like

Immense just seen my typo. I will now rename this song going forward

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Never Too Much feels a bit too up-beat to be mellow - though it’s certainly magic - just out of curiosity:

Luther Vandross - Never Too Much:

• Mellow
  • Magic

0 voters

How about this one?

3 Likes

OH SHIT YES [coughs] I mean - nice, and mellow. :100: magic too.

3 Likes
3 Likes

This is the worst possible genre of music

Hehe

1 Like

It’s late night, and I just thought I’d hit up Mellow Magic to see what they’re playing, and it it’s this.

They just don’t miss.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like