Meltdown 2018 curated by Robert Smith

Had my Robert Smith etickets the other day so must be sending them soon.

1 Like

My Death Cab tickets came on Saturday.

I got NIN and MBV by post today sweeeeet

Got my 65dos physical tickets on Friday :+1:

I think I’m going to give them a call later. I got email dated 26th March saying they’ll post or email tickets 7-10 days before. But that says I should have got an email with my order number, which I can’t find.

A quick heads up; Robert Smith is sitting in for Iggy Pop on 6Music on Friday night.

3 Likes

Bit annoying that he’s doing it when I’m actually at fucking Meltdown :rage:

1 Like

Reckon the curator should have to watch every gig to prove they actually like them

2 Likes

Found my booking email. Couldn’t find it on my phone, but could in gmail on the PC. It is an e-ticket, so I guess I’ll wait as @anon5266188 hasn’t got his yet either.

1 Like

My old flatmate used to be the box office manager for the Southbank, so I used to rinse her for tickets. The year that Jarvis Cocker curated, she got me front row centre tickets for about a dozen shows (thanks for that Alison - sorry we fell out and no longer talk) and I was sat next to Jarvis himself for almost all of them :+1: In fairness, he left early during most of them…

1 Like

I think the radio show is pre-recorded, so you might be sat next to him yet…

I’m in the pleb seats this year :grimacing:

Would be annoying sat behind him with his hair

4 Likes

He has said in a recent interview he wants to go to as many as possible. So you never know.

1 Like

I have 4 chances then

This is happening on the night the Frightened Rabbit gig was due to take place. Sounds fascinating and really great they’re doing it but I can only imagine how intense / upsetting it might be.

2 Likes

Psychedelic Furs were great last night - surprised at how good they still sounded and that Richard’s voice is still pretty much fully intact. How he doesn’t have a permanent sore throat, I have no idea…

1 Like

Saw them at All Points East the other week - thought they were pretty great :+1:

The Notwist tonight. Looking forward to seeing them for the umpteenth time, but a bit disappointed that I won’t be able to bop about as much due to seats.

What’s the standin up situation like? They say it’s encouraged, but does that mean just standing at your seat?