Massive Attack

1 Like

Urban Hymns is good

4 Likes

No it isn’t.

2 Likes

For me. It is.

2 Likes

The Verve and Massive Attack for me. Not heard the other albums.

I know it’s cool to hate on it now, but Urban Hymns is (mostly) very good. Goes on too long and could do with some trimming in the second half, but the band deserved to breakout into the mainstream due to it.

2 Likes

What doesn’t make sense is that The Verve were Mercury nominated for Urban Hymns, but not A Storm in Heaven or A Northern Soul.

4 Likes

Bit like Self Esteem getting nominated for Prioritise Pleasure but not for compliments please!?

2 Likes

It’s not a bad record at all. Those other three are stone cold classics though. Think there’s a reason people still talk about them all and Gomez are more of a footnote tbh

Just giving this a bump. Poll closes tomorrow morning

to remind myself I’ve never heard it before more like! unless I picked a chazzer copy of it up at some point long forgotten.

Cornershop and Pulp, although they both released better albums (Woman’s Gotta Have It and pretty much everything Pulp released beforehand)

Didn’t vote for Urban Hymns but that would probably be a third if I were pressed. It ultimately pales compared to ASIH and ANS, but about a third of it is Very, Very Good

Well done Massive attack!

1 Like

Would have voted for 4Hero and it would have made it massive difference to the chart…

Raffi’s revenge was great but I haven’t listened to it since the 90’s

It’s still great.