Merging when there are two lanes and one stops (Driving)

aw thanks mate :blush:

1 Like

as a pedestrian nothing enrages me more than drivers who dont indicate when theres no other cars about. fucking white hot blind rage

4 Likes

You’re driving through lengthy roadworks on a motorway with average speed cameras and narrower than normal lanes. You’re in the outside lane, doing the speed restricted limit (50mph). Next to you is a lorry travelling at 45-48mph. In front of the lorry is an obvious lane of traffic that it might be hard to squeeze into. Behind you is a berk in an Audi flashing their lights and honking their horn. Do you…

• Stick to 50mph, then move over once you’ve cleared the lorry
  • Drop back to match the speed of the lorry, thus slowing the progress of the obviously very important Audi driver
  • Other

0 voters

Kill jester

I think in situations like these it’s important to remember that the number one principle in using the roads, that we need to remember above selfish goals and even to the detriment of our own ego, is to always inconvenience an arsey Audi driver as much as humanly possible.

11 Likes

This is what I obviously did, for 16 miles

6 Likes

the other day we were arriving home from a long car journey and my wife (who was driving) was about to turn into our cul-de-sac, she wasn’t indicating. There was a pedestrian already crossing so she just waited for him to get to the other side but all the while he was shaking his head and kind of glaring at us and shaking his arms around so I did a kind of “what?” gesture. he came and banged on my window and only stopped and left us, swearing and gesturing as he went, when he saw a baby (who was terrified and crying) in the back of the car.
was this you?

Seems like she could have indicated to make her intentions clear, saved everyone a bunch of hassle.

1 Like

id have told you to put your hands on the car and get ready to die, personally

6 Likes

it would have saved us the hassle but made no difference to him

When driving through stretches with 50mph average speed cameras:

• Drive bang on the 50mph limit
  • Drive at 45-48mph (‘It’s not a target, it’s a limit’)
  • Drive at 55mph (You’re allowed 10% leeway obvs)
  • Drive at 60+mph (Those cameras are never switched on anyway)

0 voters

you’ve skewed the results by making the audi driver a cartoon. if they just want to get past you at 60 and doesn’t act like a cunt you just let them get past you.

I think around 58-59 is optimal in these situations

1 Like

Seems like he was confused about what was happening and would have preferred the certainty of some kind of conventional indication of where the car was going.

Would be nice if cars were equipped with some kind of indicator for this purpose, but I guess the technology just doesn’t exist yet.

3 Likes

look mate I mentioned I have a baby, I’m clearly in the right.

(c’mon though, this is obviously extremely unreasonable behaviour on his part)

But why? If I’m doing the speed limit and there’s no space to move over, I’m obviously going to stay where I am. By flashing lights and honking horns, they’re not getting anywhere quicker are they

well what I’m saying is if they don’t flash lights and honk horns but do want to get past you then I would let them

try and drive at 50 - then find I’ve drifted to 60 then try and drive at 40 for a bit so it averages out.

5 Likes

jeez so many noobs in this thread

1 Like

50mph

Is this definitely the case? I was under the impression that there wasn’t any leeway on average speed cameras?