Merging when there are two lanes and one stops (Driving)

I wouldn’t know then would I

I dunno if “allowed” is really the correct word but you can definitely drive quite a lot faster than 50 and they won’t clock you#

He definitely, definitely overreacted and was a cunt about it. No argument there.

But maybe he wouldn’t have if the car was indicating before turning so he could be sure what was happening? You’re the one in the ton of pedestrian-squishing metal, the onus is on you to be the considerate one. By doing something you’d be doing anyway if there was a car around, that takes an utterly trivial amount of effort.

4 Likes

… if you balance it out with a bit of 40. I know what I’m talking about.

ugh

Don’t know why this thread has annoyed me so much.

If you have a new car with newish tyres then you will be going slower than your speedo says.

1 Like

So are you above the law if you want to get somewhere quicker, but the speed limit states 50mph and is monitored with speed cameras?

On my daily commute there is a 3-4 mile section of 60mph with permanent average speed cameras and I always set my speed at 64mph in both directions. I’ve done this for 4 years now and never been ticketed.
Also use the M1 frequently and always set my speed at 53mph in the 50 sections. Again, never been done.

are you the law?

I might be, who knows?

1 Like

I personally stick to speed limits especially temporary ones as that’s where people’s (people working in the road) lives are most at risk, but I’m not gonna deliberately make myself an obstacle if someone else wants to do it.

As I say, it should be totally habitual to indicate in all situations, without thinking about it.

5 Likes

If they had done it once or twice and given me a chance to clear the lorry, then yeah, I’d have moved over. But sat behind me for a mile or so flashing and honking made the decision for me.

Agreed. And I say that as a BMW driver.

1 Like

of course. what I do in that situation is make like I’m gonna move over but then change my mind and sit in front of them some more, maybe hover over both lanes for a bit, then slow right down to 30 so they think they can undertake then speed up again and then finally let them past and when they draw level with you jovially wave and laugh at them through the window.

2 Likes

At least we’re on the same page here

yeah its literally no effort at all

3 Likes

Think that’s what bothers me about non-indicators the most. If it was in any way inconvenient, I’d understand it. I’d still think they’re selfish cunts, but I’d get it.

As it is… no idea.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of an effort, unless you are some sort of two hand on the steering wheel chumpozoid?