Met anyone under Waterloo clock? Why?

I don’t know if I’ve even been there. How would one find this out?

you’ve never been to Waterloo? Its London premier station and has a clock in the middle of it. You need to get out there Senor, there’s a whole world out there.

There’s loads of stations though, do trains from the north (meaning Scotland) arrive there? If so, I probably have been there. I’ve never arrived in England sober, which is hampering my recollection.

Looks like Glasgow trains go to Euston or King’s Cross. Stick yer Waterloo up your arse.

1 Like

I don’t think I took flowers because my unromantic, practical side thought they might be a pain to carry around all evening. It was pretty busy in the station generally but I don’t remember loads of people doing the clock thing.

Waterloo is primarily for trains for the Surrey commuter belt and places like Bournemouth. Kings X and Euston are the outposts of the north in London.

1 Like

Oh dear

What is London’s real premier train station?

• Waterloo
  • Paddington
  • Liverpool Street
  • Euston
  • King’s Cross
  • St Pancras
  • Charing Cross
  • Victoria
  • London Bridge
  • Fenchurch St (lol)

0 voters

Seems like waterloo at the moment

Came in to post this

1 Like

1 Like

Met anyone under Waterloo clock?

Yes

Why?

Because we were getting a train

Euston is an absolute dump these days (and seems to be shut on every bank holiday) but I still voted for it because it’s where I arrived back in day on the great adventure that has been a life in London.

"Train
Heave on - to Euston
Do you think you’ve made
The right decision this time? "

2 Likes

Sensible man

4 Likes

St Pancras for it’s architectural splendour (Paddington #2). Probably KX or Euston for infrastructural (not really a word) importance though

1 Like

I did once, actually. My parents had come to London and came in via Waterloo, so I met them there, was natural to suggest we meet beneath the clock.