Metallica

it’s certainly around his neck!! (as in like a millstone)

1 Like

Cunning Stunts DVD

2 Likes

##The BIG question

MOST favourite member (past or present) of the band Metallica :

• James Hetfield
  • Lars Ulrich
  • Kirk Hammett
  • Robert Trujillo
  • Ron McGovney
  • Dave Mustaine
  • Cliff Burton
  • Jason Newsted

0 voters

LEAST favourite member (past or present) of the band Metallica :

• James Hetfield
  • Lars Ulrich
  • Kirk Hammett
  • Robert Trujillo
  • Ron McGovney
  • Dave Mustaine
  • Cliff Burton
  • Jason Newsted

0 voters

I just want to say every time I read the thread title I think of the Spaced Robot Wars episode and ‘Metallicock’.

1 Like

Intrigued, I had to find this on YouTube. It (Avril doing Fuel) wasn’t half as bad as I was expecting/hoping for. Yer man from Sum 41 shouting through For Whom The Bell Tolls wasn’t great, but this is tremendous:

1 Like

Big fan of Ron McGovney’s shirt

blasting S&M right now. it’s amazing.

3 Likes

First time I heard that it sounded like two completely different albums being played at the same time. I got used to it, sort of, but they should probably have tried to arrange the songs so that either the guitars or the strings had prominence at any one time instead of both of them trying to drown each other out.

1 Like

it’s not swan lake mate lol

Ah yes Swan Lake, that famous mixture of guitars and strings.

2 Likes

The Lars hate is completely ridiculous. Nice guy, smart and decent taste in music, drummer who’s better than most people give credit for, basically the de-facto producer for the band, and structures most of the songs. Only wrinkle is the Napster stuff and I think that was more about PR than his views necessarily and there’s nothing wrong with a band wanting to protect their material.

Completely mad.

agree with all of this except for the part about him being a decent drummer

1 Like

I didn’t actually say that, and when he was on coke that was probably the closest he was to decent, but he’s good enough and seeing as he’s over 50 he’s doing well. I do wish he actually did try to improve though.

1 Like

Some England/Ireland mega shows lined up for next summer…

Jumped into the pre-sale this morning and it’s near enough to £100 for the cheapest ticket!

They put on a good show but don’t think I can justify that…

Not far short of £100 a ticket? Plus, the hassle of getting to and from Twickenham?

Yep, hard time justifying that too.

Some of those tickets are £121! Fuck that.

“London Calling” at Twickenham
“Roll With It” at the Etihad
“Where the Streets Have No Name” at Slane Castle

Getting angry just thinking about it

7 Likes

Kirk hitting the wrong effects pedal and playing the opening riff completely clean, messing up every third note, sweating profusely

The fucking nerve of the guy

2 Likes

Surely it’ll be “Swing Low” as they’re at Twickenham