Mew @ Royal Festival Hall May 2020

No Thread about this yet?

I know they’ll be doing ‘Glass Handed…’ in full so I’ve booked a ticket.

This will be my first ever time seeing them despite liking them for years.

Tell me more please as I only really know this album and No More Stories too.

You definitely need to check out Frengers if you haven’t heard it! Also this bside from that era;

I’d also say their first two albums which I think are absolutely perfect but a lot of people seem to disagree.

4 Likes

Frengers is great…would put on a par with Glass Handed…I saw them play Shepherds Bush Empire probably around that time…v good…and once more I think (possibly at 02 Islington Academy - my least favourite venue) not quite so good…
Must admit I’ve kept in touch with them since glass handed but not found any of the later stuff to hit those heights…

Looking forward to May’s gig and wondering if they will do the same thing at Primavera too

Thank you for booking to see Mew: And the Glass Handed Kites at the Royal Festival Hall on Thursday 13 May 2021.

We’re writing to let you know that this event can’t go ahead on this date. However, we’re really pleased to let you know that it has been rescheduled and will take place on Saturday 4 September 2021 at 7.30pm in the Royal Festival Hall .

Your tickets remain valid for the new date.

2 Likes

Tomorrow!

I’m very sad that I can’t go. :sob:

Had a look yesterday and there were a lot of empty seats.

Also, Mew are playing a gig in Copenhagen tonight. they’d better not do any crowd surfing!

2 Likes

I can’t recall how full frengers were but thought it had done well.

I’ve got a pretty good seat for it. Row F quite central.

Think we were around there for the last Sufjan gig, felt crazy intimate. We’re on an aisle in row M, I think.

Sweet. Let me know if you’re about b4

1 Like

Oh, Man. Wish I was going now. The Frengers gig a couple years back was ace. Enjoy guys

Had almost forgot this was happening until about a week ago. Can’t wait now!

Check your emails for the entry times. Differs based on where you’re sat. Some as early as 5:30

Balls. Seeing this, I’ve just realised the re-re-re-sheduled date wasn’t in the diary. Wasted tickets.

Dead good. 10/10 evening

7 Likes

Absolutely top notch. Loved it

2 Likes