Mexico city

Anyone been? Any tips on food/drink? What did rick stein do!?

Get shitfaced

8 Likes

Yeah but it was over 20 years ago, so a lot has changed and I don’t remember a lot.

Teotihuacan is a short bus ride out and is tbh unmissable.

Sitting on a balcony cafe overlooking the zocalo is also pretty sweet.

2 Likes

He said “that’s enough”

7 Likes

First thing I’d do is get Dorilocos

Deffo on the list :yum:

1 Like

Oooooh will keep an eye on this (and hopefully contribute soon too), off there in November.

Go to Arena Mexico and watch wrestling on a Friday night. It’s set up for tourists. Get to watch sweaty men fly through the air with no need to worry about storylines.

5 Likes

Already on the list! :smiley: :man_superhero:

1 Like

Wonder if @Sexico_Mitty knows.

1 Like

We did this and it was really great fun.

https://eatmexico.com

Museo Nacional de AntropologĂ­a is amazing. Bought a wrestling mask from a vendor outside.

1 Like

Bumping this, have you been yet? Off in 4 weeks and still up for suggestions!

Also off to Mexico at the end of the month.

1 Like

Where are you off? We’re going for a couple of weeks and have never been before, planning to do Mexico City (for Day of the Dead) > Oaxaca > Mérida > Holbox

How expensive is Mexico once you’re there?

Doing Teotihucan, Mexico City, Puebla, Oaxaca, Monte Alban, Mitla, San Cristobel, Palenque, Campeche, Merida, Chichen Itsa, Cancun

There I shall rest.

Hi!

Back in work today :frowning:

Mexico city was ace. Er… what do I remember…
Learn Spanish! (obviously, but still - makes it so much easier)
condesa and roma are lovely places, loads of food and booze options.
we spent a day doing the main historic centre, walked down the main boulevard towards the park and up to the castle which had great view of the city.
go to the wrestling
go to the football.
Uber is dirt cheap and good.
the trams, although busy are only 20p per ride so use them too (and watch out for the female only carriages at the end).
we didn’t end up getting a sim card as there is free wifi coverage on a lot of main streets as far out of the city centre as the Azteca. Had to walk around a few times but always found signal for an uber etc.
the dog park in condesa at weekends is pure joy. just dogs running around with each other having fun.
eat all the food.
buy/book tickets for the frida kahlo museum before you go. queues are massive.
our guide book had a really nice hours walk from san angel down an old street to coyoacan. coyoacan was a really nice district with food and drink options.
the best diego riveria thing was also mostly empty and a lovely building to walk around - SecretarĂ­a de EducaciĂłn PĂşblica.

fire away with any other questions and Ill try to help :man_shrugging:

also deffo get a temale con pan!

3 Likes

this was brilliant^

can get a bus (takes an hour) from the north of CDMX

fairly cheap. not dirt cheap, but depending on what your doing, getting around and eating is inexpensive :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fantastic, thankyou! If I think of any questions I’ll definitely be in touch :smiley: