Mexico city

did you get Dorilocos?

Yes!

They were great!

2 Likes

Beautiful

With the recent coup with CMLL should people watch AAA or The Crash instead, or are the old men in CMLL still worth it?

The crash is only in mexico city sporadically so depends if its on in town when you’re there.
AAA is in town more often but still tours much more, but it does have the strongest roster imo. CMLL is on 2-3 times a week in mexico city so its easier to go see and is good entertainment :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thinking of going to Mexico in Feb/March. Bf really really wants to go to Mexico City, but we also want to go to Tulum.
Has anyone traveled between them any other way apart from flying?

Also how long is enough for Mexico City? I’m thinking like 4/5 days to get us settled and then a week and a half in Tulum.

You can fill as much time as you like. depends what you want to do really.

but id say 5 is better than 4.

As a minimum Id suggest

1 day in condesa/roma
1 day in teotihucan
1 day in coyoacan
1 day in central

then theres xochimilco

1 Like

Such an unimaginative name for a city

I gradually travelled between them via coach over the course of a month, but im guessing thats not really what you’re after…

At least five days in Mexico City as you’ll spend two of them stuck in traffic.

Booked to go at the end of Feb.
Yippeeeee!
Wheres good to stay?

Also going to Tulum if anyone has any recs.

1 Like

Whereabouts are you going? We went in Nov (Mexico City, Oaxaca, Merida, Holbox) and have loads of recommendations I’d be happy to share from those.

It’s an amazing place!

We’re going flying to Cancun but won’t be staying there so hiring a car to do some of that area. Then we’re going to Mexico city for about 5 days before we come home. A lot to fit in in just 2 weeks!

How was Merida?

The city itself was fine – bit touristy and with a real faded glory but a few great places to eat and drink in the city itself, can send some if you think you’ll go. It’s also really hot and humid. We mostly used it as a base for daytrips out to places like Uxmal and Celestun which were brilliant. It’s also surrounded by Cenotes which I’m sure you’ll have tons of in Tulum but they are so so much fun.

I’ll send some Mexico City recommendations when I get a mo.

1 Like

Yes! Went swimming in a centote in Tulum and it was brilliant.

2 Likes

Yes pls! That would be so nice of you :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

Yes! These are great. Real good one just outside valladolid where blind fish swim into you

I don’t recommend sleeping on the bed in one of the beach side cabanas, even for ten minutes to stretch out after an uncomfortable night sharing a hammock. Unless you like bed bug bites

I was in a cabana half a mile from the beach - no bedbugs, but we did have tarantulas

:man_shrugging: