MftSB: Gig singalong

So, hypothetical situation. You are at an arena gig of a band you are reasonably familiar with, but not a mega fan. Let’s say you only got tickets because you’re friends sister was ill and dropped out the last minute.

Anyway, they start playing a song that you don’t know but everyone else seemingly knows every single word to.

Do you:

• Pretend to sing along with exaggerated mouth movements, so everyone thinks you actually know the words
  • Listen adroitly as to ascertain the lyrics and if possible, join in at the second chorus
  • Not bothered, sway along with mouth firmly closed

0 voters

My poll! My beautiful poll!

Sort your poll out jilly.

3rd option.

http://www.clickhole.com/video/wow-only-knowing-few-words-song-didnt-stop-him-sin-5550

^^^ The greatest actor of our generation ^^^

went to see Kate Nash Friday and took a bit of pride in standing there stony faced actually

I’d rather be with your friends cause they are much FIT-TAH

Have you seen Glow?

This scenario is precisely why I only go to Sunn o))) arena gigs.

Remember when you were young and had to do your homework before emo gigs because you knew that every word was going to be sung back. I don’t really attend such gigs anymore but it warms my cockles that this stuff is still happening out there somewhere…

absolutely zero chance i’m going to this, sorry m9

Why not? I remember my friend got dumped once, so I went to see my Chemical Romance at the NIA. It was a bit of a novelty going to something you wouldn’t normally pay for.

As someone who has once seen My Chemical Toilet by accident I can confirm there was no fun to be had

In my experience the only lyrics it’s required to memorise are “Midge Ure looks like a milk thief” and “JUUUUUUUNIOR KICKSTART!”

she played that TWICE

yeah found it really dull tbh

Was just thinking her voice really starts to grate in that too.