MFTSB - shit bits in amazing songs

Example: Underneath Your Clothes, Shakira

Fucking great song. Hack-written Beatles middle 8 that is pure shit.

Now you.

1 Like

Is it ok to also share the opposite of this in this thread?

1 Like

I’d actually love that. What’s mainly shit with an amazing part?

The extended version of Common People, the radio edit cuts out the only good bit

1 Like

The ‘rap’ bit in Shake It Off.

12 Likes

Yes! Brings nothing to the song

Jay Z’s verse in Monster

7 Likes

The chorus in Love Is The Drug… Whooooooaaaaaoooaaa Loooveee iiiiiid the druuuuug

Get back to the spiky funk you greasy amateurs.

3 Likes

'Man I’m tired of singing’in Pop by N*Sync

Fits both

1 Like

all bridges

2 Likes

Baker Street

1 Like

the guitar solo in Purple Rain

3 Likes

Outro of Flutes (Hot Chip) with the completely pointless key change. It’s perfect until that point but just feels like it running out of steam.

2 Likes

It’s a very short bit, but the part where Maynard dramatically whispers “I still may.” It’s too much and makes things feel a bit cheesy and disingenuous. Completely takes me out of the song.

2 Likes

The bit in One Week when it ends

5 Likes

The hugely out-of-key farting bass after the first chorus in Space Oddity (3 minutes in)

2 Likes

The chorus of Kids In America is terrible, the verses are 10/10 urgent pop banger.

3 Likes

I was going to make a thread for it actually, but “songs that have amazing choruses but the rest of the song is really dull”, for this;

1 Like

The Red Telephone by Love is amazing until the “They’re locking them up today/They’re throwing away the key/I wonder who it’ll be tomorrow, you or me?” chant in the outro - culminating the “we’re all normal and we want our freedom…freedom…freedom” line in a weird, creepy voice.

3 Likes

The ‘rawk’ bit in ‘Eyes Without A Face’ by Billy Idol is horribly jarring.