Micro-cheating on your partner

:thinking:

1 Like

Whilst I think thatā€™s possible in theory, and speaking from my own relationship, Iā€™m not sure it would have zero meaning for your partner

In most cases iā€™d consider a clean break when a relationship ends a good idea, sureā€¦if i knew my partner was exchanging those sort of texts, sure, it may make me question the relationship a littleā€¦but how would i know? How does anyone know?

Everyone is different, I guess itā€™s just a matter of trust. My wife and I have both remained friends with people weā€™ve been involved with before, itā€™s never been an issue for us.

4 Likes

I canā€™t remember ever asking someone whoā€™s rang or text them, at any point, ever. That thought process just isnā€™t a thing thatā€™s ever happened.

4 Likes

Going to start accusing people of ā€œmicro-ā€ stuff all the time. This thread is basically micro-trolling.

5 Likes

I honestly donā€™t think that. Maybe itā€™s more to do with knowingly putting your partner in that situation, where you expect them to appreciate it for what it isā€”maintaining a relationship with your ex as you parted on good terms.

the relationship may still be healthy if youā€™re trying to look out for each otherā€™s feelings

Maybe some people are just better at gauging the seriousness of the relationship. If iā€™m sure itā€™s serious that sort of suspicion isnā€™t there, if it is then that effects your feelings and ultimately how much youā€™re bothered by potential circumstances.

1 Like

Think this is a pretty good take wiggs. The minute youā€™re acting from a place of dishonesty youā€™re on dodgy ground, and you know it.

3 Likes

Yeh, and I didnā€™t mean to pursue this from a hetero-normative monogamous perspective either.

Just for your FYI everyone

Nah

Itā€™s a tough job but someoneā€™s got to do it, eh?

1 Like

Thatā€™s because they use a different OS and they know that within 5 seconds their partner is going to be swearing at Apple/Google not designing stuff in EXACTLY the same way theyā€™re used to.

5 Likes

Not knowing the passcode to your partnerā€™s phone

• weird
  • not weird

0 voters

Yeah, Mrs HYG knows my phone password and I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything she could find that Iā€™d care if she sawā€¦ nothing cheating wise at least, maybe just some messages to mates where Iā€™m blowing off steam about her making a mess of the kitchen.

I know my girlfriends but itā€™s only for car Spotify

And vice versa

1 Like

I tend to ask people who theyā€™re texting out of nosiness rather than paranoia

6 Likes

I am confused. The double negative is confusing. Youā€™re all saying that itā€™s NOT weird to NOT know your partnerā€™s passcode. So it is weird that you do know it?

la-di-da

This has creased me up.

1 Like