Microwaved peas

Make sure to get one with a good magnetron.

Not even on science ovenbook

epimer cooking peas like

4 Likes

Well then you are not getting the best results from frozen peabook

Next time I see the neighbour Im gonna kick off about this.

1 Like

Going to try microwaving them next time. I won’t report back because i hardly ever have peas as a side vegetable so it’ll probably be in like 6 months

1 Like

quite a lot of questions here, but i’ll start with: how do you know this

once caught the missus repeatedly pouring boiling water on them from a kettle and then after a couple of minutes, pouring the water away and repeating the process. what a faff

3 Likes

usually just chuck the peas into whatever else i’m cooking rather than cook them separate

Haha. She microwaved everything (although she did inspire me to microwave a quorn fillet once when I cba waiting an extra 8 minutes for it to be ready. Both soggy and hard at the same time*)

*wahey

3 Likes

I’ve absolutely lost it at this, getting funny looks

three minutes?
You could microwave a whole turkey in three minutes. Fuck knows how soft you neee your peas to be

I spend a weird amount of time hanging out with my neighbours…almost like we’re friends or something.

Surely by then they’ve gone solid rather than soft.

My wife’s grandmother famously did used to microwave a whole turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. It’s spoken of with disgusted reverence in their family.

What?

Had she ever cooked peas before?

What if you were having sausage mash and peas, or fish fingers chips and peas, or some other kids tea with peas, what then?

They’re frozen…

peas in the mash

peas in the microwave

fucking hell

3 Likes