Middle Names

My middle name is my paternal grandmother’s surname, which is also a first name. I also share first and second names with a famous comedian, but I think that’s just dumb luck.

My middle name is the same as my Dad’s. Luckily it’s a unisex one, plus I was born on the Saints day so that sealed the deal.

I tried to suggest it as one of the kids middle names but MrS wasn’t having it.

It’s Frances / Francis. You should take it, I don’t mind.

i don’t have a middle name as they aren’t common in greece, despite it being really common to have multiple family members with the same name. for official purposes you use your father’s first name as a kind of middle name (even if you’re female) but i think if i did that here it would confuse british people.

when i was about 8 i really wanted a middle name and decided it should be samantha for some reason and then practiced writing my new ‘full name’ a lot. i no longer want the middle name samantha so you can have that one if you want

1 Like

I do
I like it (family name going back a bit)
Can’t remember the question
Isambaard

Yes
Always hated it but then my brother named his daughter after my middle name so I like that connection now
I’d change it to the Spanish version of the name
“The Power” but you have to include the punctuation marks

Here’s a thing. My ex wife has agreed to keep my son’s surname as my surname, which she has also kept until she re-marries next year. When she re-marries, she wants to add her maiden name to his middle name, so that he has a link to her.

What do we think of that? I’m alright with it. Pleased he’s keeping my surname, but he will have an amusingly posh name when said in its entirety.

If I had a middle name on my birth certificate (as far as I know, anyway), but it isn’t on my passport, do I still have a middle name?

If he’s happy with it, that seems like a nice thing to do

2 Likes

All the cool kids have this middle name.

1 Like

I suggested it mostly as I felt it was the best compliment to @ma0sm’s first name.

2 Likes

I saw this and it amused me greatly

1 Like

My father was a massive massive Star Wars dork. My middle name is Luke. Anyone care to guess my sister’s…? (Edit: we aren’t twins, she’s 2 years older. Or 3. dunno)

Lando?

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: Actually done me a little bit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

Chewie?

1 Like